Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

F agor 8055 POST HELP

LOL! Good one. My reseller doesn't know anymore than I do. He sends all posts request on to someone else and that person doesn't know much about these controls. It took me 4 months to get a post that would generate a program that wouldn't error out. I was really hoping to find someone that actually new this control well enough to completely redo my post. If I can get the company to pay for it again. It may even be a parameter setting on the control that could be set wrong or just need to be changed.

Hello Tony,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. Please send me a private message with your Customer/Reseller information so I can follow up with them. I have a contact that is a F @gor AE, and I'd like to get him in touch with your Reseller so we can get you the post you need.

You mentioned an issue with G2 arcs not having the K value. Are you doing Helical motion?

Regards,

Colin

Thanks but NO Thanks! I prefer to bang my head on the wall of my choice not that of Master Cam. If going through the area Reseller is the only way to get help then maybe its time to look for new software to use.

Tony

???

Really? You come here, ask for help in the first 4 words of your 1st or 2nd post in this board and then end with the krap above?

Dude, I sorry for the wall...

Thanks but NO Thanks! I prefer to bang my head on the wall of my choice not that of Master Cam. If going through the area Reseller is the only way to get help then maybe its time to look for new software to use.

Tony

LOL.. bite the hand that feeds you.

Colin could fix your post in 5 minutes, maybe 10 on a bad day.. and you spit in his eye like that??

Not to worry... there are a million world class post guys out there who would be more than happy to help you :laughing:

I was not spitting in Colins eye or anything of the type. I am simply making the point that my Reseller is virtually useless and do not care to deal with him anymore. And if that is the only way I can get help from Mastercam then I would prefer to look at another Avenue. When my reseller is sitting in my office and getting paid to build me a post that works and I ask him to help with some sort of work around of some kind so that I can at least get my machines running and all he can do is request that I create him a zip2go file so that he can take a look at it later is BS! Then I find out who he is sending the file to, to actually get the post written and that guy as nice as he is and as helpful as he is has never written a post for this type of control and is having to read the books on it to get to what I have. I would think a good Reseller would find someone that could do it or at least someone to help this guy do it. I hired on at this company in June of this year and they had been trying to switch to x for over a year prior to that. So yeah I get pretty upset when someone mentions "Reseller"

Tony

I was not spitting in Colins eye or anything of the type. I am simply making the point that my Reseller is virtually useless and do not care to deal with him anymore. And if that is the only way I can get help from Mastercam then I would prefer to look at another Avenue. When my reseller is sitting in my office and getting paid to build me a post that works and I ask him to help with some sort of work around of some kind so that I can at least get my machines running and all he can do is request that I create him a zip2go file so that he can take a look at it later is BS! Then I find out who he is sending the file to, to actually get the post written and that guy as nice as he is and as helpful as he is has never written a post for this type of control and is having to read the books on it to get to what I have. I would think a good Reseller would find someone that could do it or at least someone to help this guy do it. I hired on at this company in June of this year and they had been trying to switch to x for over a year prior to that. So yeah I get pretty upset when someone mentions "Reseller"

Tony

And Colin is the man who can do it. But CNC have their protocols and all he asked for was your customer/reseller info, to make sure he would help a legit user.

If I was in your shoes, I'd be happy that he stepped in. You've got a help offer from one of the best Mastercam post-writters in the world and you simply screwed it.

But Colin is a nice guy and I think if you pass him the info he asked for, he will help you anyway.

I wasn't ask to prove I was a legit user. The statement was give the info so He could put his guy in touch with my reseller. I'm very sorry if I hurt everyone's FEELINGS. It isn't like I called you all a bad name or anything. I simply responded with what I thought would clue everyone in as to how much I am frustrated with my so called Reseller. Who is ( Name of resller removed)

Edited by gcode
TOS Violation

I wasn't ask to prove I was a legit user. The statement was give the info so He could put his guy in touch with my reseller. I'm very sorry if I hurt everyone's FEELINGS. It isn't like I called you all a bad name or anything. I simply responded with what I thought would clue everyone in as to how much I am frustrated with my so called Reseller. Who is (name of reseller removed)

If I was your reseller I'd give you a damn too. (Not saying your reseller did it, but I would). Please read the forum guidelines.

• Issues with your reseller should be resolved directly with your reseller and/or CNC Software. Airing out your issues using the forum will not be tolerated.

Mentioning the guy's name here won't help a bit. He is also trying to make a living like you and considering the way you deal with people who tries to help you out but don't have a prompt answer, I think he may not be motivated to do his best for you.

By the way: F agor 8055 controls are not as popular as you may think. So it's natural that your reseller may need to ask around about them.

But naturally you knew that. :santa:

Edited by Watcher
removed resellers name from quote

I wasn't ask to prove I was a legit user. The statement was give the info so He could put his guy in touch with my reseller. I'm very sorry if I hurt everyone's FEELINGS. It isn't like I called you all a bad name or anything. I simply responded with what I thought would clue everyone in as to how much I am frustrated with my so called Reseller. Who is ( Name of resller removed)

Tony, probably 1/3 to half the people coming here for post help are pirates.

Weeding out the thieves without offending real customers is tough to do.

As an employee of CNC Software, Colin needs to establish your legitimacy.

He is also contractually obligated to keep your dealer in the loop.

Any post writer, no matter how good needs to know the machine's requirements.

Colin was offering to reach out to a F_a_gor applications engineer.

I would expect the 2 of them could make short work of your issue.

I can understand your frustration. Getting a post done can be a major PIA,

especially if the person you've hired isn't doing the job properly.

I recently bagged a 5X post project after 6 months of aggravation and some serious money.

The terms of service require me to delete your dealers name from your posts and I have done so.

If I were you, I'd send Colin that private message.

• Like 1