Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Value for bug4$ to turn on postline reference

I used to use this all the time. Below is the default. I want to see the postline that outputs the code. :)

bug4$ : 1 #Debug output with the tilde '~'.

#A value greater the zero applies the variable formatting with

#debug output (default is typically FS 1 but not a guarantee).

#A value of zero gets the value directly with NO formatting.

Of course I tried '~' but got an error.

Kathy, there is a new post debugger

Go into your X applet in the control panel and enable it, when you post, you'll see a little "bug" on the dialog, click that and the degugger will run

IIRC, the bug# lines are essentially useless now

bug4$ is used to determine output of a variable when a tilde appears in front of it. (i.e. ~xabs)

This is an 'old school' method for quickly seeing what the value is without the formatting usually applied for output without launching the debugger, placing a watch on the variable, adding a break point and processing to the point where you need to know the value. We added the comment several versions ago to help explain the difference in output when bug4$ is initialized to a zero versus a positive number.

Thank you for the replies JParis, Paul. I must admit I was looking for a very quick way to zero in on the post line that was creating the line of code. I am looking for the pxxx that inserts the A0. I don't have a lot of time to play right now. :) Next week, I hope more.

I did run the debug utility, but since the post run fine without any errors, I didn't see what I was looking for.

Kathy