Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can you guys please help with these simple MODs, I can pin down the solution yet !

O1392(1392) ------------------------------------> I want the group name here.
(CHUCKING DEPTH)
(CHUC PRESSURE)
(CYCLE TIME)
G20
N100(OD ROUGH RIGHT - 80 DEG. )
( FC RGH )
G0 T0101
M8
G97 S1000 M03
G0 G54 X1.7 Z.03 ------------------------------> Want M8 here by default
G50 S1000
G96 S500 M03
G72 W.1 R.01
G72 P1 Q3 U0. W.005 F.01
N1 G0 Z0. S500
G1 X0.
N3 Z.03
G0 X1.7 -------------------------------------------> Want M9 Here by default
M9
G28 U0. W0.
M01
(*)

You are right on the dot about the period; it does consider it an extension after that. That also explains why I cannot have the / since windows considers it a path separator. I was able to post the heading I want, however I must save the NC file as that complete heading then change it to what I want the file to be named. Is there a way to use the group name as it is posted. Also any word on getting the M9 placed with the retract move ?

-Bill

I had the same problem with coolant M code location. I wanted it on the G43 Z* H line, regardless of wether it was set to before, with or after.

I can dig out the info for you if you want. It means that Canned Text won't work properly, but I don't use that anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with coolant M code location. I wanted it on the G43 Z* H line, regardless of wether it was set to before, with or after.

I can dig out the info for you if you want. It means that Canned Text won't work properly, but I don't use that anyway.

Sure why not. I can use all the help I can get. Did you get the coolant to turn off with the retract move as well ?

How do I know that I'm using V9 or X style?

Go into your Machine Definition and see what you have set up there. Go to the Edit General Machine Parameters. If Support coolant value in post-processor(provides backwards compatibility for old post) is check then you V9 coolant enabled if it is unchecked then you have the newer more option and improved process in place.

HTH