Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hello,

I am attempting to make my own 5 axis post off of a Generic Fanuc 5X Mill. I have a problem with the B and C rotations, they are backwards; the coordinate shown by B should be C's and C's should be B's. My TPlane is currently the FRONT and my WCS the TOP, I should be getting B0. C0. at the time. I tried changing the machine definition but apparently that doesn't work. The C axis Rotary table is looking to the X- direction and A0 would be the same as B0; the FRONT plane right ?

T1 M6

M8

G0 G54 G90 X3.0163 Y9.8092 C180. B-90. S534 M3 -------> Should be B0. C0.

G43 H1 Z5.

Z3.1

G1 Z3.05 F8.56

I tried changing the rotaxis1$/rotdir1$, rotaxis2$/rotdir2$ but I keep getting the wrong rotation or when rotation seems fine I get the spind_align error when posting.

-Bill

It sounds like you've got a Horizontal machine if you want Top WCS/Front Tplane to be B/C zero. You will need to change the Machine Base Matrix in the post to accomplish this. I would recommend contacting your Reseller for a copy of the 5 Axis Post Guide. This is a PDF file that explains how to setup the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post.

• Like 1

Yes these can be tricky to nail down.

#Machine base matrix (Base matrix to map positions into)
matb1$	   : 1
matb2$	   : 0
matb3$	   : 0
matb4$	   : 0
matb5$	   : 1
matb6$	   : 0
matb7$	   : 0
matb8$	   : 0
matb9$	   : 1

But make sure you pay attention to this one as well.

#Table/Table spindle axis alignment.  (Typically Z+. Always Z+ with nutating machine types!)
#  Choose the axis that is parallel to the spindle with all rotaries at their zero positions.
spind_align : 3  #1=(X+), 2=(Y+), 3=(Z+), -1=(X-), -2=(Y-), -3=(Z-)					

+1000 of the PDF also get the Post one as well and the PPT if they can get it for you. The PPT is V9, but still good stuff in it.

It sounds like you've got a Horizontal machine if you want Top WCS/Front Tplane to be B/C zero. You will need to change the Machine Base Matrix in the post to accomplish this. I would recommend contacting your Reseller for a copy of the 5 Axis Post Guide. This is a PDF file that explains how to setup the Generic Fanuc 5X Mill Post.

I tried that already, it took them weeks to decide to want to sell me the X7 Post Ref Guide for $50. I'm talking about over a month and after repeat messages about it !

Is there a better approach to achieving what I want, perhaps starting with an MPMaster HMC Post ?

-Bill

There is still only one "MP Documentation Portfolio". We have had a separate PDF guide available for quite some time. I believe I posted a copy when you were in my post class, so you might want to log into Eapprentice if you haven't gotten a copy already.

Ah, was this a Powerpoint converted to a PDF? 5_axis_generic_post.pdf?

Here are my settings in both the spindle alignment and machine matrix. Looks the same per Crazy's comment.

#Table/Table spindle axis alignment. (Typically Z+. Always Z+ with nutating machine types!)
# Choose the axis that is parallel to the spindle with all rotaries at their zero positions.
spind_align : 3 #1=(X+), 2=(Y+), 3=(Z+), -1=(X-), -2=(Y-), -3=(Z-)					
#Machine base matrix (Base matrix to map positions into)
matb1$	 : 1
matb2$	 : 0
matb3$	 : 0
matb4$	 : 0
matb5$	 : 1
matb6$	 : 0
matb7$	 : 0
matb8$	 : 0
matb9$	 : 1

I got a hold of the 5ax Post Guide and was able to define my rotary properly. It turns out that my brain was thinking B rotaxis1$ was Z+ when in fact rotaxis holds the location for B0 not where B rotates about.

#Primary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis must be the XY plane
rotaxis1$ = -vecy #Zero Location - Changed vecy 01/23/14
rotdir1$ = -vecx #Rotating Direction - Changed vecx 01/23/14
#Secondary axis angle description (in machine base terms)
#With nutating (mtype 3-5) the nutating axis and this plane normal
#are aligned to calculate the secondary angle
rotaxis2$ = -vecy #Zero Location - Changed vecz 01/23/14
rotdir2$ = -vecz #Rotating Direction - Changed vecx 01/23/14

By the way the default way the POST is setup is for a trunion with the rotary pointing left. Like the HAAS TR110. I read on the guide that the matrix is to be changed if you want a different orientation than the WCS uses, the guide does not provide much detail about these settings.

Colin, now that I have your attention I was trying to modify a lathe post based on the 2x generic slant bed. I want the group name as the program name and the coolant M9 to be posted with the retract move. Is this possible? I have another thread started http://www.emasterca...topic=76228&hl=

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Can you post some more info about the configuration of your machine? How are XYZ setup? Again, is this a horizontal or vertical machine? You mentioned a Trunnion setup. What rotary axes do you have, and were is the zero location for each one? Depending on these answers we may need to modify the machine base matrix, or just modify the rotary settings.

Thanks,

Colin

• 2 weeks later...