Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force B Axis Output When Posting 1 Tool

Can anyone provide me with some direction on forcing out my rotary axis when I am only posting one tool in my tool group?

I am working with the MPmaster.pst and having some good luck with getting the code to fit my needs just having a little trouble with this one.

I use dynamic offsets and the part position at the machine relys on this B axis output to trig the new location prior to X and Y axis going to their correct location. In addition to this if there is an offset in the machine offset for the rotary axis this would not be picked up unless the rotary axis is force out even if it is B0.0.

Help please.

An * in front of a variable forces it's output in the post.

For example *cabs would force the c axis rototation to post.

That being said, your post may already have the function to force output by simply changing the "pcout" to "pfcout", but I don't use the MPmaster.pst, so I'm not sure how that post is structured.

Am I understanding correctly that it does not post the "B" only when you post one operation?

What if you post more than one operation? Does it still not post the first operation, but starts posting out at some point?

Yes,

When posting one operation I get no "B" output, but when multiple operations post out the "B" is output on the first operation.

I tried changing the pcout to pfcout in multiple locations with no desire result. Let me look into the *cabs to see if I overlooked forcing it out there.

Can you show the post sections labled "psof0$" and "psof$"

BTW - there are a bunch of people on this forum that are very familiar with the MPmaster.pst. Others will probably know exactaly what the issue is. So either way this seems like a pretty simple problem that can be sorted out quickly.

It's because this condition statement is not being met.

if index = zero & rot_on_x,

It is trying to detect 3 axis only vs. 4th axis machining, so when you post multiple operation it can tell it's a 4th axis machining op.

Seems like there is a lot of stuff in this post that you may or may never need. I would suggest maybe creating a copy of this post and modify it for stickly 4th axis horizontal work.

What I did was...

Changed rot_on_x = 0 to rot_on_x = 1 at line 1622

and changed if sav_rot_on_x = zero, rot_on_x = zero to # if sav_rot_on_x = zero, rot_on_x = zero at line 1647

by doing this though, it will post 'B' axis rotation in your 3 axis programs.

The other thing you could do is change the condition statement

From

pfcout #Force C axis output

if index = zero & rot_on_x,

[

if use_rotmcode & (fmtrnd(cabs) <> fmtrnd(prv_cabs) | sof), *sindx_mc

if absinc$ = zero, *cabs, !cinc, !cout_i

else, *cout_i, !cinc, !cabs

]

to:

pfcout #Force C axis output

if index = zero,

[

if use_rotmcode & (fmtrnd(cabs) <> fmtrnd(prv_cabs) | sof), *sindx_mc

if absinc$ = zero, *cabs, !cinc, !cout_i

else, *cout_i, !cinc, !cabs

]

Keep in mind, I do not use the MPMaster Post so I'm no expert with it. Others may, and probably will, have much better fixes. Either way, what ever you do, always keep your original post so you can go back to it if needed.

Good luck

Ray

try this in mpmaster

pwrtt$ # Write tool table, scans entire file, null tools are negative

if rotaxis$ > 0 | rotary_type$ > 0 | mill5$ <> 0,

[

sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

output_z = no$

]

if vmc = 0 & tlplnno$ <> 2, sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

if vmc = 1 & tlplnno$ > 1, sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x

#sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x #Uncomment this line to output rotary axis value even when it's not used <--------uncomment this line

t$ = wbuf(4,wc4) #Buffers out tool number values

if tool_table = 1, ptooltable

if tool_table = 2, ppredtool

if tool_table = 3, pmetatool

if t$ >= zero, tcnt = tcnt + one

ptravel

pwritbuf5

Thank You to everyone who has responded!

I uncommented #sav_rot_on_x = rot_on_x #Uncomment this line to output rotary axis value even when it's not used <--------uncomment this line

and this looks like what I was after. I am likely to use this post later on, on a 3 axis machine but when I do i will know where to turn it off.

Thanks