Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X axis come back in every X axis movement

Hi

I am new in change post processing of mastercam. I have new idea for a machine and i need to control it by the matsrecam software but i don't have enough information that does it possible to program it by mastercam or not.

I need to the machine move on X axis from position 1(on x axis) to position 2(on x axis) with G1 code and at the end of position 2(on x axis) come back to the position 1(on x axis) with GO and then go to the next position, this additional movement occur on X and Y axis movement.

Does it possible for mastercam post prosses?

for example :

G91 G01 X100 F2000;

G0 X-100 F3000;

G01 Y200 F2000;

G0 Y-200 ;

I am wait for your reply.

Thank you

Hi cathedral

Thank you for your reply, but how can i do it with point toolpath? does you mean about the drilling ? if yes it is in Z axis but i need in X & Y

If no , please let m,e to know more about the point toolpath.

Thank you

Point toolpaths aren't just for drills. It's for anything you want to move from a point to another without creating a line or chain. If you draw your points, and then select the point toolpath, you will get the options of picking where you want to start and were you want to move to, using either a G1 or a G0 move. You can then move from that point to any other point. You control your feed and speed the same as normal.

Be careful though. The point toolpath is a very useful function, but I feel it's very... "unfinished" for lack of a better word. Once you start picking points, take extra care to ensure you're picking the points in the right order. Unlike a regular toolpath, there is now clear way to view your chains or the order you picked things in. If you mess up, sometimes it's best to just start over.

Best advice I can give is to start a new MCX, plot a bunch of points, and screw around with the toolpath until you understand how it works.

• Like 1