Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 Axis Flow Limit

Good morning,

i have a project at work they want me to run on a 4 axis ( VF 4SS ). its shaped almost like half a cylinder and im using the 5 axis flow option to machine it. i have set the output format to 4 axis and when it generates the post it starts off with A20.557 , which is exactly where i want it but when its ending the machining i noticed that the A reached up to A-1539.702 , which is absolutely wrong. my question is how do i get to make the post to have the limit of A-100. to A100, without the A axis rotating over its limit.

Thank you for the help.

Depending on what version and how your post is done it is best to control this from the machine definition. You can do ti with a post, but the post would have ot have the logic in it. Which where the loaded question comes from. Best way is to get a hold of your dealer and they can really help you nail this down quickly. If it is a continuous axis then reaching that value is not wrong, but maybe more undesired. Even if it is a limited axis as long as that value at that place falls into the travel again not really wrong if it can do it. Again get on the phone to your dealer and if not then please provide some more information. Like your version and post if you are using the one from Mastercam or the In-House one so we can better assist you get this nailed down.

HTH