Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Total Tool Counts Detection?

Hi,

I have some equipment that under 30 tools and some of my program are more than 30 tools, is there away I can ask the POST to notify me when posting that this program has more than 30 tools so I can easily move to next machine has more than 30 tools?

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks Colin G., what I meant is I want it to COUNT how many tools total for each operation like:

YOUR TOTAL TOOLS is 31 we have only 30 TOOLS in this ABC equipment,

change to another equipment of which has more than 30 TOOLS POCKET.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

You would have to add some pretty sophisticated logic to track the total number of unique tools used in your program. Do you often use tool numbers greater than 30 on a 30 tool machine?

Would you have T60 D60 H60, in a machine that only has 30 tools? I've seen this in cases where you want to unload the 30 tools that are setup for a specific job, then you want to add a new job that uses tools 31-60.

This would likely take at least a couple hours for even a seasoned post writer to accomplish.

Sorry, I can't do this one for you for free...

It's actually not that hard; I modified my post to track tool usage and count so that when the same tool is used in different operations, it counts and modifies the sequence number. But Colin is right, it's not just a simple addition. You'll have to write a buffer (or a variable table), a postblock with the counting logic, and some logic in the right place in your post.

Hi Peter,

I had forgotten about the 'bldnxtool$' routine counting the tools, along with the "next" variable values at 'ptoolend$'! Thanks for the wonderful reminder. I'll have to go browse through the post documentation again.

PC,

Yes, this will do exactly what you are after. The routine is already built into MP itself, so all the heavy lifting has been done behind the scenes.

So MP will count the number of tools used during the pre-read routine. When the processing reaches 'psof$' the value of 'ntools$' will hold the total number of tools used in the program. So all you need is the simple one line of logic that Peter suggested to check and see how many total tools you have.

Use 'if ntools$ > 30, result = mprint(stoolerror)', and define the error string as I mentioned above.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

I had forgotten about the 'bldnxtool$' routine counting the tools, along with the "next" variable values at 'ptoolend$'! Thanks for the wonderful reminder. I'll have to go browse through the post documentation again.

Not a problem, I forget more and usually you came into the picture... ;)

Thanxx for the exact explanation!

:)