Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Multis/ Macturn & Mazak Integrex post?

Do you guys have working posts for new Okuma Multis & MacTurn (osp300) & Mazak Integrex machines? Who did you get it from? Did it need much tweeking out of the box? Not the simple 2 axis turn & mill flats, c-axis contour, drill holes stuff. I'm referring to the more complex end of these machines...part hand off, pinch turn, multi axis, 2 spindle turn & b-axis contour etc. I'm adding a couple more CNC's here & we are also adding a couple in another facility. The other facility will most likely follow my lead. Looks to me if they do I'll be helping them get going. I'd like to have things as simple as I can get to keep them going & allow me to do my own job here.

Thanks!

Well now that you ask that, I'm not sure.

I'm assuming the MT is is geared directly to the multi axis cutting. Does it work just as well for simple stuff? Ive only used Mastercam v4 & down with mill & lathe. Used a blend of Mastercam, Esprit, Delcam & CamPlete to get what I needed. Never used Mastercam's MT package.

Well now that you ask that, I'm not sure.

I'm assuming the MT is is geared directly to the multi axis cutting. Does it work just as well for simple stuff? Ive only used Mastercam v4 & down with mill & lathe. Used a blend of Mastercam, Esprit, Delcam & CamPlete to get what I needed. Never used Mastercam's MT package.

Well it sounds like it is a good time to call your local Mastercam dealer and get a demo of the new MT product. Those machines are ones done for the product, but will depend on the control of the ones you did list. If the older T-Plus Control and not the Matrix 1 or Matrix 2 then would be close output, but not perfect. On the OSP300 that should be pretty dialed in, but then need a model number to know exactly. Thing people forget is take a Mori for example there are 45 different configurations of the NT series machine. For 100% correct simulation you need to make a Simulation model of every one. Now lets say it takes an average of 200 to 400 hours to develop the simulation package per machine then you can see just for the NT line of machine there is a ton of work. Now next problem would be there are 5 different controls for that machine which then took those 45 different configurations and made them 5 times as much. Then we throw in the 100 different options each one of those machines could have. We just created an exponential amount of work to get done and that is one machine model from one machine maker. Thankfully Mazak and Okuma were smart enough to limit it to about a dozen different models, but they still have 100 of options you can get so still work for someone to figure out. Not saying but saying..............

Where having your dealer come in and see what you go and then work from there will be your best most accurate course of action.