Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Losing model points?

I have been working on a couple of SW assemblies the last few days and I am having a random problem with MC corrupting one, or several models in the assembly. The issue is that I can no longer pick any points on the actual model, so that I can measure distances, draw geometry over top of the model etc. I can still create edge curves, just can't measure or use any edges or points for creating 2D lines.

The weird thing is if I save as a different name, and re open the file, the problem is fixed. BUT, I had this happen several times to assembly yesterday several times while I was working on it, by the end of the day I was on "rev 6" just from having to save the mcx file.

I've already reported the bug but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to avoid it?

• Like 1

no kidding had the exact problem

ive had the problem pop up a couple times on this particular solid i was programming about 2 weeks ago and it was frustrating the heck out of me!, I've since not completed the program for it because of other priorities, but i couldn't figure it out,  i haven't had a single problem with mc doing that since i haven't been working on that part,

now the only thing thats really different for what ive been programming since, is that model has two areas that get splined and they're drawn on the model.
we make a line of tools that are a scaled up/down in size and the one part we call the housing no matter what size will typically give me issues to some degree, such as optirest making some odd moves when the step over is set below a certain figure and the point selection issue, i have had some other ones that i cant think of right now

i always thought i had something to do with an ati graphics card (got em at work and home), since i've read so many posts about the random nature of ati and how nvidia is the trouble free card to use

im definitely going to send that file in to qc monday, also referencing this post,  ive been busy as poop lately getting programs, setting up and maintenance

hopefully we can get it figured out because its annoying and unproductive having to restart my computer to be able to pick a solid point

Have you guys tried screen -> Regenerate Display List?

I have had this issue a few times and it worked everytime.  Don't ask me why though...

HTH

Luckily I hadn't deleted all my screwed up files yet, so I got to try it, and it worked!

I had tried Ram saver but it didn't do anything.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

thanks for the tip dude!, i dont think i tried that one, i tried ram saver too, but definitely going to give regen display list a shot,(fingers crossed) LOL ,, Im going to start working on said part again tomorrow so hopefully it works like a champ for me too!!

post-40004-0-76883200-1406741268_thumb.png gonna throw this out there, i noticed something strange this morning, in the pic you see that there are groups named , i dont use this function, and i went thru a few files that i remember that were troublesome and they all have named groups that i didn't create, so i'm gonna delete them and then see if the problem comes back or not

attachicon.gifGROUPS.png gonna throw this out there, i noticed something strange this morning, in the pic you see that there are groups named , i dont use this function, and i went thru a few files that i remember that were troublesome and they all have named groups that i didn't create, so i'm gonna delete them and then see if the problem comes back or not

Hmmm that is interesting. I don't used named groups either. Unfortunately I've already deleted all my problem files so I can't go back and check them for this. But next time it happens I'll check and report back here.

Sticky what version of MC are you using by the way?

X6

update, 

i was working on a different old file this week updating some of the toolpaths to better methods, and was having graphics issues with points and face selection, i checked out the groups and it had the same deal with all the groups looking like that picture,  it did say different things, but it did have "+++++++" all over the place, so i deleted them all,  after that it was trouble free :) 

after deleting them,  probably had the file open for a collective 10hours or so and didnt have anymore selection issues