Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Part Ejectors - Sub Spindle lathe

Maybe these pictures can give you some inspiration. I made a few of these for a Kitagawa B205. Kitagawa makes an ejector, but they wanted me to submit a bunch of drawings of parts so they could engineer the spring rates among other things, and they were $1200 and 8 weeks away.

I had a bunch of parts under 5/8" diameter that I couldn't pick with my robot so I whipped up about 5 or 6 of these assemblies. The unit replaces the chip guard in the center of the chuck, just remove 3 button heads and swap it out. The long set screw on the plunger is so I can thread on different ejector ends to suit different part geometries and standoffs from the face of the chuck. I bought three different springs of the same size, with different rates, so I could experiment with the needed force to eject the different parts. This is also the reason I made more then one assembly, once I have the correct spring and foot on the assembly, it can just stay assembled, and gets re&re'd as a complete assembly only. The main housing also has an oil impregnated bearing to help prevent the plunger and housing from galling and making the action stick.

post-40824-0-17116300-1406049407_thumb.jpg

post-40824-0-05303900-1406049440_thumb.jpg

post-40824-0-40477600-1406049476_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • 9 years later...

Would you happen to have a model of this part ejector that you made? It looks great and I can't seem to find one for our kitagawa B-205 chuck. 

If you could share that it would be greatly appreciated.  Or even just a drawing and I can create a model and send that to you. 

Thanks,

Shawn