Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dwell fmt in post for bore path #1

Rick46

I want to change the format in which my post outputs the time in seconds when using the dwell option on drill bore path #1. It outputs P2.0 and I have to change it in Cimco edit to P2000 for my machine to read it as 2 seconds..any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance..

Why change the post?  Just put 2000 in the dwell and be done with it.

I have to modify it where it dosent post it out with a decimal behind the number I post. if I change it to 2000 it will post in the nc code as 2000. and the control errors out and gives me illegal decimal point error. I can probably input 2000 just need to make it not put the decimal behind the number. that's all Im trying to accomplish here by making a small mod to the fmt line of my post that outputs the dwell time. thanks.