Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Morph Between 2 Curves Revisted.

crazy^millman

Have a bunch of undercuts and bowl shapes to cut with radius Key Seat Cutter. Flowline was taking 1 hour to process one toolpath. I switched to Morph Between 2 curves. I picked my upper and lower Chain. I then set my First Entry and Last Exit to use lead in and Lead out. I then set the Fist Entry and Last Exit the same exact way and got a nice approach with my Full Radius cutter into the part Spiral the Radius undercut I am machining and a Nice retract move off the part. 36 seconds to process that toolpath. Have to get use to 400 different setting in this toolpath, but once you do you realize how much it is the Swiss Army knife of toolpaths.

I need to do this about 10 times on this one part and what I have found since this like other 5 axis toolpaths do not remember the settings from the last operation is just copy and paste and re pick your geometry. Much quicker and easier then redoing everything over 10 times.

I am also using Dynamic Contour to rough out the undercut bowl areas. I had to use a Point toolpath to Approach the part and a Point Toolpath to Retract, but nice to "BE DYNAMIC" with a key seat cutter sticking 2-1/2" out of a hole going 2.497 deep into a part and have it work.

Share you success with this or other toolpaths.

• Like 1

Good to hear that you're having success with this toolpath Ron.

I was going to suggest maybe you save your setting to the operation default to help with efficiency but it looks like that's not even an option with these toolpaths. Or many other multi-axis toolpaths for that matter.

Hopefully that will be implemented at some point. Would be really helpful considering the amount settings in those paths.

I need to do this about 10 times on this one part and what I have found since this like other 5 axis toolpaths do not remember the settings from the last operation is just copy and paste and re pick your geometry. Much quicker and easier then redoing everything over 10 times.

Not certain if it would help you with this part Ron but the advanced multix tpaths have transform/rotate built in,.. you'll find it in the roughing page.