Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut setup sheets

Bob W.

I have my template files pretty well set up in Vericut and I have a question regarding setup sheets. My standard setup sheet pretty much consists of a tool list that outputs the tool data I am after. I run a simulation and select 'create report' and it spits out the tool list really quick, much like X+ and it is completely automatic. Is there a way to set standard default views that can be used in the same manner for illustrating the fixture and raw stock setups? These views would be created in the template file or something along those lines. I played around with it but didn't have much luck.

I don't really utilize this feature but it is something I am working on and it would be great if 75% of a setup report could be automated. I have tried calling tech support several times with no luck, I have pretty much given up there...

If you are looking to fully automate as much as possible, have you considered having your post also create that Tool List for you without any manual intervention whatsoever? It is pretty easy to setup a buffer file in the post, and fill in all the data in the 'pwrtt$' post block calls. There is a trick where you can get it to generate the file, then display it in the NC editor, along with your NC code. That way the Tool List and NC File are also alway 100% syncronized. (I usually also have the post get the Windows User Name information and put that in both the NC file and Tool List as a comment. Then you know for sure who generated the data, and can maintain tracibility.

• Like 1

The way we run is we will not run a program on the machine unless there is a Vericut tool list. We only generate this after a successful simulation of the NC file. As long as the program that is running on the machine is the program that was simulated to generate the tool list there will be no mishaps (hopefully). The Vericut tool list contains all of the stickouts and holder information and a lot of that is decided during simulation based on collisions, errors, iterations, etc... This is the SOP for 4+ axis machining. We don't bother with 3-axis unless it is a really high value part.

Are you still doing paper documents in your shop Bob? What about doing this:

http://www.cgtech.com/ipad/

Very nice looking App.

Hey Colin, do you happen to know of any software out there that would do something similar to this in MasterCam or any other CAD/CAM software? We currently don't use Vericut.

Several years ago I wanted to put together this exact type of system for all of our shop documents. Everything from prints, setup sheets, models of tooling, even video simulations of the parts running in MC verify.

We already save most of this stuff saved digitally to our servers(except the verify videos). So my plan was to package everything by part numbers and make it available to our setup guys and shop leads using IPads through a WiFi accessible intranet site.

Ultimately the idea was not accepted due to managements WiFi  security concerns. But the idea's been sitting there in the back of my head and I'd really like to see something like this take off.

Honestly, I think this is the way to go and I really think it's the way it will go for many companies in the future.

Damn, I'll be calling them tomorrow :-) Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be ordering a few Ipads in the near future.

Hey Bob, if you get to play with this App in the future lets us know how it works out. I know your always on the cutting edge of things so it would be nice to hear your opinion on how it works in a real shop environment.

• Like 1