Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modifing Custom Drill cycle pictures

I'm a bit late to the game here, but yes, Resource Hacker can do it. For years (going back to V7?) I've used it to modify various things in MC. I always hated how small the tool description window was (prior to the new tree style layout) in the toolpath parameters page. I made it bigger, therefore I had to move the buttons around, etc. It got to be a pain because each new version required these edits to be done again. I finally got sick of and learned to live with it the way it was.

Making these types of changes to the software is very likely (can't say for sure since I've never read it) a violation of the EULA. It's been freely discussed on the forum and no one with any authority has ever discouraged it, so they must not care about such petty things. Anyway, fair warning. :guitar:

Awesome. I will give it a try, thanks.

Now that is attached to the users .EXE mastercam right? So others on our network won't see the same pictures?

That's correct. If you want everyone to see it, you'll have to copy over the modified file.

Sounds like it might be a pain to try and keep up with updates. The whole point was to try and give a little more detail to our custom macros. And your right, there just isn't enough restate to give a proper description.

I'll have to give this some thought. I really don't want to create a maintenance nightmare.