Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gap Settings Webinar

Colin Gilchrist

Hello Everyone,

We are doing another free Webinar to cover Gap Settings in Mastercam. This was inspired by a recent question asked here on the forum, and this is a great topic to cover. If you can't make it to the broadcast tomorrow, we will be posting the video to Eapprentice. Hope to see you there.

Gap Settings in Mastercam

What are Gap Settings, how do we set the Gap Distance, and why is it important?

Join us for an Eapprentice Webinar on Mastercam Gap Settings. We’ll explore the Gap definition so that you fully understand what a “Gap” is in Mastercam. We will also show how different toolpath types have different ways of handling Gap Motion. By the end of this Webinar you should have a good understanding of how to use the Gap Settings to control the retract/reposition behavior of the tool in a variety of conditions. We will explain the differences between the legacy surface toolpaths, the new HST toolpaths, and the Multi-Axis toolpath gap settings.

Space is limited.

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/710962367

Title:  3D programming with Mastercam Gap Settings
Date:  Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Time:  12:00 PM - 1:00 PM PDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer

Sorry I missed the webinar, just got too busy.

I just watched the link and wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, I learned quite a few new tricks.  Thanks :unworthy:  

You are very welcome. Glad you enjoyed the presentation.

Here is a link to the sample file I used:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/72zu8xwp23xdl27/WEBINAR.zip?dl=0

That was the file I created. The other file I used in the Webinar was one of the sample files from X8. You can download that sample (and much more) with the installation package from Mastercam.com.

(By the way, I fixed the geometry that I used for offsetting the wall. I also added some additional chains to make the toolpath do some extra finish work going up the ramp. Check it out.)

Thanks,

Colin