Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tooltable @ end of file

The only real issue with using the 'subout$' stream is that it is also used for subroutine output. So if you use Subs, I would write to the 'auxiliary file' or the 'external file' (AUX or EXT).

Writing to the AUX file is 'subout$ = 2'. Writing to the EXT file is 'subout$ = 3'.

MP was also enhanced a while back to include a 5th output stream, used for Lathe Canned Cycle processing. This is the 'LCC' file, and is set with 'subout$ = 4'. If you've already used the other output streams, and just need one more, this would also work.

Thanks,

after I posted this I found another thread that sugguested subout$ = 3

I used subout$ = 3 everything looks good as far as the code goes & I've got everything where I want it, but I'm getting this error msg

NCI(108) - 'extprg$' must be set to 'yes$' to open auxiliary file.

subout$ = 2 works without any errors

Yes, the 'subout$' variable acts as a switch to switch the output stream. However, you also need to make MP initialize the EXT file, so that it actually exists.

Just prior to your logic that switches the output stream (subout$ = 3), just add a formula that sets 'extprg$ = 1'. A setting of '0' for 'extprg$' would disable writing to the EXT file. A setting of '1' will erase the contents of the file (if it already exists), or just open a new EXT file. A setting of '2' allows you to open the existing EXT file, and append information to the existing file, instead of erasing the contents.