Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 File Preview FYI (at least for me)

oz

After beating my brains out I have figured out how to get file preview to work with X8. So here it is:

1. Make sure you have save bitmap checked in your config file.

2. Make sure in Explorer in the Folder Options you have "Show preview handlers in preview pane" checked.

3. Make sure in Explorer in the organize / layout options that you have the "Details pane" and "Preview pane" checked.

See attached pictures.

I hope this helps at least someone

post-1569-0-06239900-1410530372_thumb.jpg

post-1569-0-44578100-1410530373_thumb.jpg

post-1569-0-68386400-1410530374_thumb.jpg

I have all that stuff done on my computer that you mentioned, but the file to be previewed is sooooo slow to pop up.  Locked up my computer actually.  X6 worked so fast, then had to upgrade to X7 that was a little slower, now in X8 can't get a preview to pop up at all.

I hope improvements to X8 come out soon.

I have all that stuff done on my computer that you mentioned, but the file to be previewed is sooooo slow to pop up.  Locked up my computer actually.  X6 worked so fast, then had to upgrade to X7 that was a little slower, now in X8 can't get a preview to pop up at all.

I hope improvements to X8 come out soon.

Mine sharing the OS and computer specs? :sorcerer:

I seen people running 4 gig of Ram which is barley enough for X7 complain about how much Mastercam needs to be a better job and do not have the right video card, memory and such and wonder why their Mastercam session is giving them issues. Hopefully I am wrong here and you come back with a 32 gig system running an I-7 4970 Sandy Bridge and Nivida Quadro FX 6000 video card, but want to be sure since I am not seeing this very issue.

Oh BTW bitmap is bottom 500 of my things I want to see improvements on. :turned:

We are also having issues with the windows preview pane slowing down or locking up the computer.  In our case it started when we switched from a server to a Network Attached Storage device (NAS) for our file save location.  In our case it is happening to all versions of Mastercam.   Haven't found a solution yet, so we must keep the windows preview pane turned off and we use large or extra large icons as the view setting.  It is difficult to keep students from turning the windows preview pane on again which disrupts the flow of the class somewhat.