Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edit tool shows in backplot but wrong in verify

swanny

This problem just started happening. I write multiple programs using the same tool. I go and edit the tool, (number, size, or any other dimension) in one of the programs. Usually it will make all other operations using this tool dirty and will need to be regenerated. But lately it doesn't dirty any of the ops. I look at my backplot and it shows my new tool. I look in my program and it shows the new tool. When I verify, it still shows the old tool. I have been having to delete this tool, which then dirties all ops using it. I recreate the tool and reselect it in all ops. Is this just a setting somewhere? Why isn't my tool associativity reflecting the changes in my programs. If I only have 1 program using this tool and I go in that program and change the tool, it works. Only when I have multiple programs using the same tool it doesn't work.

you should just be able to reselect the edited tool and regen

a couple of questions

are you saving the edited tool to your library

if yes, is it the same library the other files are using

No I am not saving this tool anywhere. And yes that is how it should work and has worked before I started using X8. I know the verify uses the NC file now. So it is verifying what I post. Could it have something to do with that? And even when I reselect the tool it doesn't show the program being dirty. Even when I do regen the program it still verifies to the old tool.

No I am not saving this tool anywhere. And yes that is how it should work and has worked before I started using X8. I know the verify uses the NC file now. So it is verifying what I post. Could it have something to do with that? And even when I reselect the tool it doesn't show the program being dirty. Even when I do regen the program it still verifies to the old tool.

Who told you that lie? Go change the code in an editor and see if the verify changes. It still verifies the NCI not the NC code.

You say multiple programs? Do you mean operations or Mastercam files? This statement is confusing me a little by what you really mean. Thank for shedding some light on this.

Who told you that lie? Go change the code in an editor and see if the verify changes. It still verifies the NCI not the NC code.

You say multiple programs? Do you mean operations or Mastercam files? This statement is confusing me a little by what you really mean. Thank for shedding some light on this.

I meant NCI and operations.

It's like I can't change the tool number or dimensions of the tool if more than one op uses the same tool. Normally if you change the tool any way other than feeds or speeds, it dirties all associated ops. But for some reason this isn't happening. It shows a change on my parameters page and when I backplot but when I verify it's verifying to the tool before I made changes. If I change the tool number and post it doesn't reflect the change. This only happens when more than one op is using the same tool.