Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nakamura- Tome AS-200

Great machines. Currently programming NTM3, Super NYT3, and will be programming a Super NTY3 250. Half index like Doug talked about is great. Also make sure you get the Touch Screen 31i since it supports Jump Programming and the older style 31i does not support it. Also if cutting a lot of aluminum or using smaller tools make sure to get the 2:1 speeder live tools for the machine. If going with the Standard live tools go ahead and ask for the Heavy Duty bearings. Alberti normally makes the live holders with Standard bearings, but you can special order them with higher RPM bearings. I like to them at the 6,000 rpms and problem is that are not made to run at RPM for extended periods of time. By asking for the higher rpm bearing you are not pushing the limits of the rated bearing to their limits. Most people are not aware you can order them that way and never think about it.

Here is the link to their site for the Nakamura machines:

http://www.komaprecision.com/Alberti%20Live%20Nakamura.shtml

Download the Catalog and you will see the 2:1 speeders I am talking about. Remember to use Dynamic toolpaths with these holders to never worry about overloading them to shorten the life of the holders.

HTH

Great machines. Currently programming NTM3, Super NYT3, and will be programming a Super NTY3 250. Half index like Doug talked about is great. Also make sure you get the Touch Screen 31i since it supports Jump Programming and the older style 31i does not support it. Also if cutting a lot of aluminum or using smaller tools make sure to get the 2:1 speeder live tools for the machine. If going with the Standard live tools go ahead and ask for the Heavy Duty bearings. Alberti normally makes the live holders with Standard bearings, but you can special order them with higher RPM bearings. I like to them at the 6,000 rpms and problem is that are not made to run at RPM for extended periods of time. By asking for the higher rpm bearing you are not pushing the limits of the rated bearing to their limits. Most people are not aware you can order them that way and never think about it.

Here is the link to their site for the Nakamura machines:

http://www.komaprecision.com/Alberti%20Live%20Nakamura.shtml

Download the Catalog and you will see the 2:1 speeders I am talking about. Remember to use Dynamic toolpaths with these holders to never worry about overloading them to shorten the life of the holders.

HTH

This machine has Fanuc 0i-td control so no touch screen. It has NT airbag and work navigator like the higher end models. I will be testing dynamic toolpaths when it comes for sure. 

Thanks for the info.

Ron, what is this jump programming you keep mentioning

Fanuc process that allow the operator to define the main and sub spindle at different levels of the operation. When you use Jump programming and want to prove out a program then if gives you tons of flexibility to restart and jump parts of the program without a lot of issue. Example you are proving out a program and do not want the sub spindle to start up. You go the chuck on the control and tell it there is no material. Now the left spindle will run till ready to transfer the part to the right spindle. From there you can prove out the right spindle if you want or you can go ahead and run both spindles and turrets. Really comes down to not having to make up a bunch of wait codes and block deletes to make it work. Very slick and is used a lot in robots from what I have been told. These machines are the 1st time I had seen or even been around it. Very slick and gives the programmer and the operator a lot of freedom. Can do a 1 cycle stop of the part, restart in the middle of a program and many other things to make these Triple Turrets machines a lot easier to work with.

I have yet to work with the Triple Turret Okuma, but that might happen soon. If it does I will be shooting you an email to help if you don't mind. :D