Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas post will not do a Negative "B" (tilit) rotation

bhurst

I have a 5 Axis HAAS. I am trying to do the first plane @ A0.0. B-8.0( According to my WSC) for 1st work plane. Then rotate A+90 and Tilt to B+8. for the next work plane. Then finally for the last one stay at A+90 (rotation) and tilt back to B-8. This is the shortest amount of travel time table travel time. My question is how can I get this to post out the way I want. If I cant can I just manually change the A and B to what I want?  

T-3584(AKA 203 OP)-17 - 4CR.Z2G

Try using the 'mi4$' and 'mi5$' values in the Miscellaneous Integers to bias the starting angles to what you want for each operation.

In the stock VF_TR Haas post, there is also a switch called 'bias_null' that lets you apply the bias settings at a Null Toolchange. You'll want to be sure that is enabled so that you can bias the start position for when a tool number repeats.

For setting 'bias_null', you have to make that change in the PST file.

Open the PST file in a text editor, then search for the string 'bias_null'. You are looking for the variable initialization, which looks like this:

bias_null   :  0

Change the '0' to a '1', and you are all set.

The other options "miscellaneous integers" are actually set inside each toolpath operation. Open the operation parameters, find the 'Misc. Values' page, and make your changes there.

The 5 Axis toolpaths are controlled by using the Misc Values. This gives you a bunch of control over the individual toolpaths.