Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCrash

melliott6

Your it guy is wrong. Lol

I'd have to agree.

We're running 5 seats of X8 on a network with no issues.

If you're plagued by crashes, it's going to be unsuitable hardware, a glitchy network, or file permission dialed down too tight.

In my experience, over zealous file restrictions are the most common cause.

I worked at a Fortune 500 company for 8 months and had nothing but trouble with Mastercam.

Everything was locked down tighter than a tick and it took a week and 3 signatures to even get IT to look at your computer.

I gave up and moved on.

If it is the IT guys, which I don't doubt, shouldn't my mastercam guys come in amd sit down with them and try to help figure it out? One of the biggest arguments mastercam presenteted to us for going with them was the fact that they would be there to support us if we had issues. They came in, looked at the problem and disappeared never to be heard from again.

If it is the IT guys, which I don't doubt, shouldn't my mastercam guys come in amd sit down with them and try to help figure it out? One of the biggest arguments mastercam presenteted to us for going with them was the fact that they would be there to support us if we had issues. They came in, looked at the problem and disappeared never to be heard from again.

Can I ask a couple questions about your issue?

Are you trying to use Mastercam file across a network?

If you are have you tried saving them locally and working locally with them?

How big are the files you are working with?

Unless of course, your IT guys didn't like the answer they got and are denying everything. Bottom line; IT is THE WORST thing to happen to CAD/CAM EVER! They stick us with abacus' for computers, clamor up to the boss' office and show them how much money they are saving, all the while people that need hardcore crunching get a PC that's better suited to solitaire than telling a multi-million dollar machine where to go and what to do.

:coffee:

There's been a few IT guys over the years that have come in here and asked questions; those are the few smart ones.

BTW, probably 75% of the few crashes I've encountered were my fault. Improper application of cut tolerances and distances in 5-Axis toolpaths, fingers going too fast, etc.... The few others are Mastercam issues. But, by and large, MC has been very stable for me and most of the guys I know.

:coffee:

Giving this more thought did the IT guys put in place the process laid out by the Mastercam dealer? If so what were the results with putting those recommend practices in place?

When I did tech support for Verisurf I would always run into the IT people who knew better then us the best way to run the computer for the software. Ever time they shut up, humbled themselves and listened to what we had to say the system (if the correct one for Mastercam) and program worked like it was supposed to.

:coffee: :coffee:

When I did tech support for Verisurf I would always run into the IT people who knew better then us the best way to run the computer for the software. Ever time they shut up, humbled themselves and listened to what we had to say the system (if the correct one for Mastercam) and program worked like it was supposed to.

Same here when I did tech support for the local Mastercam dealer. I still see this as I do support for company's thru my company now.