Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Milling Problem

EBShopteach

HI,

I am brand new to this forum. I am also brand new to using solidworks and mastercam AND CNC machines. 

I bought some training books for mastercam 2D and 3D milling. The 2D milling worked fine and I was able to draw and mill all the parts in the sample lessons. I just finished drawing my first 3D mill lesson and have run the simulated backplot which works fine. I have zeroed out my mill so it knows where the work piece is. However when I run the program it jogs the spindle about 1 inch above the work piece and starts cutting. So its cutting nothing but air. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I zeroed out my CNC the same way I did with the other programs. Do I have somthing wrong set in the surface parameters? 

My machine is an apprentice 404 from industrial CNC and I'm using the Mach 3 software.

Thank you

Mark

So its saying that I am not permitted to upload my solidworks file or my G-code file. How else can I send it to you?

I rechecked all my parameters and they are at absolute. I am following a training guide so I have everything set to what they tell me to set it at. Like I said before my 2D mills have been fine. Are the 3D parameters drastically different? I noticed that the parameter options are a little different but everything seems in order.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...