Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POST rounding off Tolerance

We have a HURCO VM that has a tolerance of 50 millionths for the matching of  I/J and X/Y coordinates in the G2/G3 moves.

Our Post out puts to the, 4th decimal place, but when doing this it not consistent in the rounding up or down. It can be .0001 off

Which cause the HURCO to move incorrect. What do I need to change in my POST to assure that the Coordinate values will be with in .000050

when Posted Out ?  I already contacted HURCO and they have informed me that there is nothing they can do to open the Tolerance in the Machine Control.

In your post, there should be a line like this:

fs2 1   0.7 0.6      #Decimal, absolute, 7 place, default for initialize (

This is a format statement that causes inch output to have 7 decimal places and metric output to have 6 decimal places.

So, if you assign yout X Y I J variables to this format, you will not get the rounding.  Like this:

fmt  "X" 1  xabs        #X position output
fmt  "Y" 1  yabs        #Y position output

Your post lines may vary slightly, but hopefully this shows how to control the NC output.

:cheers:

EX-wccprogrammer

Thanks for the input

We looked at our Post we have

fs2  1  0.7  0.6

fmt  "X"  2   xabs   

fmt  "Y"  2   yabs   

So to make sure I understand your input..................I should change the number  2 in both of  the fmt lines to a number 1

We are going to change both lines to the 1, and re-post to see if the 4th place decimal in our code changes from the original post.

Thanks

MOA