Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where do you buy your Solid Carbide Endmills?

Jason @ CPM Industries

Hello, 

We just recently stopped buying endmills from MSC and have saved a ton of money.  We started buying from tigertoolsupply.com who has all American made tools with very good prices. 

Just curious if anyone has somewhere like tigertoolsupply.com where they can buy all american made products and are cheaper than MSC.

Thanks, Jason

[email protected]

• Like 1

Hemly is awesome, I get all my holders from them and used to get all my inserts there also.

Small carbide I get from Harvey

End mills I get OSG, Monster, accupro, SGS from Fastenal. Fastenal does all my regrinds too, incredible quality always outperforms the original end mill.

If I absolutely need it overnight I get it through McMaster Carr but they never tell you what brand it is on the internet.

I'll only order from MSC if nobody else has anything I need in stock and someone is holding a gun to my head AND THEN I will only order one piece.

Hemly simply has the best prices on anything you can buy. I get all my holders and boring bars from them. It is the only place I call that I get equal knowledge and service from anybody I speak to there.

They are great about telling you of "alternatives" if there is an inexpensive equivalent for something you are looking for. 

I like asking for a solid carbide coolant thru left handed 5/8 diameter 4 inch long boring bar that takes a ccmt 21.51 insert and them knowing exactly what you are talking about.

Approximately how much cheaper are these other places that you guys use than MSC?

Just called Hemly. A dorian MCLNR12-4B holder (for CNMP43... lathe tool, very common)

MSC $75.88

Hemly: $51.06 AND while I was on the phone they also said they have an import for $37.50, offered the info without me even prompting. If it is going out in the shop for the mechanics to beat on the import is fine, if it is going on the CNC I get the Dorian.

We use Sussex tool to vend most of our carbide tooling but we have control over what kind of end mills have in there.  Of course Sussex wants us to put stuff in there that they sell, but they are pretty good with letting us put anything in there that we want.  I really like Gorilla Mills but I'm trying to get the boss man to look at Helical Solutions end mills.  I've seen good results and heard positive feed back from others that have used these end mills.  We have our Walters rep stopping by on Tuesday to talk about getting some high performance end mills.  I'm hoping that we can get something in here that will match up well for using the "Opti" tool paths and maximize their efficiency. 

Hemly is awesome, I get all my holders from them and used to get all my inserts there also.

Small carbide I get from Harvey

End mills I get OSG, Monster, accupro, SGS from Fastenal. Fastenal does all my regrinds too, incredible quality always outperforms the original end mill.

If I absolutely need it overnight I get it through McMaster Carr but they never tell you what brand it is on the internet.

I'll only order from MSC if nobody else has anything I need in stock and someone is holding a gun to my head AND THEN I will only order one piece.

How do you get Accupro endmills from Fastenal?? I thought Accupro was MSC's own brand? FWIW anyone that pays MSC list is crazy, I think that is the root of the problem of peoples complaint that they are sooo outrageous. Call the local salesman (or follow their online specials, usually run 30% off a few times a month) and he will give you discounts. We (at a large company) are working towards a straight 40% off list deal...

Jason - You cannot go wrong with Fleetwood in Addison or Quality Tools and Abrasives in Elk Grove Village.  We get our Garr endmills from Fleetwood because we cannot find anyone to beat their prices.  We also use YG-1 and we order those from Quality Tools.  Both carry many lines of carbide endmills (including Titan).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Jason - You cannot go wrong with Fleetwood in Addison or Quality Tools and Abrasives in Elk Grove Village.  We get our Garr endmills from Fleetwood because we cannot find anyone to beat their prices.  We also use YG-1 and we order those from Quality Tools.  Both carry many lines of carbide endmills (including Titan).

Hi Brian,  Thanks for your reply.  Do you know why Quality and Fleetwood have the same website with all the same products?