Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone Having this happening with X8

rrichard

Not sure if this is X8 causing this , but when I project text to the surface of a cylinder to engrave, some the number 0's or text O's takes a short cut on top of the radius, and skips chains like on the top of the "P" shown on the attached pic.  When I pick my chains I use the window option for chaining.

This has been happening randomly when I do this path since I installed X8.

I have a help request out with my reseller and waiting for a response, just wanted to see if anyone else is see this.

Thanks

Russell 

Have you checked your tolerances and made sure none of them got changed on things like chaining tolerance? If the follow shape tolerance is high I would expect to see said issue.

I am sorry I cannot nail it down from what you posted up.

When I updated X8 a week or so ago.  My tolerance page some how got reset to some pretty large numbers.  Arcs on my tool path looked clunky and surface edges were rough too.  I ended up copying the tolerance settings from X7 into X8 and everything went back to normal.  I was surprised that those settings controlled how my tool path looked on the screen.