Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D Connexion drivers

I'm having an issue with my mouse not recognizing Mastercam now.

If I restart my computer, it will work just fine. But if I lock my computer (using windows+L), when I come back and unlock it the mouse won't work with Mastercam anymore.

The only way to get it to work is to restart the computer, which is a major PITA.

Is there any way to restart the drivers from scratch?

Unplugging the mouse does not work.

Cathedral, on 02 Dec 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

I'm having an issue with my mouse not recognizing Mastercam now.

If I restart my computer, it will work just fine. But if I lock my computer (using windows+L), when I come back and unlock it the mouse won't work with Mastercam anymore.

The only way to get it to work is to restart the computer, which is a major PITA.

Is there any way to restart the drivers from scratch?

Unplugging the mouse does not work.

From the Windows Start menu, browse to the 3DConnexion folder.  Inside, there is a driver folder.  Inside that, you will find commands to stop the driver, and start the driver.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

New drivers out yesterday... stay far far away I'm seeing really strange behavior with my Space Mouse Enterprise

The graphics view spins all over the place and stops in Bottom View when I hit Save in MC2018

I haven't tried MC2017 or X9 yet 

29 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I don't usually update those drivers for that precise reason. 

I can't get my Space Pilot buttons to work on my home rig with Adobe Reader running Win 10

My Space Pilot Enterprise works great on Win 7 at work.

My hope was the new drivers would fix the problem, but considering what I'm seeing this afternoon, I'm not even going to try it.    :lol:

I hate Windows 10. THE reason I went with it was because I encountered an undocumented feature that QC said they were not going to deal with in Windows 7 and it was killin me. Now I'm not even using Mastercam anymore. Oh well. Lesson learned. 

I had to go into the registry in windows 10 and turn off all the new Windows Defender junk. I was unable to use Firefox for about 2 weeks until I got all the registry stuff turned off. You turn it off through system and security and think it is off, no sir it is still running in the background, You have to kill it through the registry. It is Microsoft trying to kill Firefox, but I like my adware and ghost ability way to much to give it up.

Here is one of the sites I found that helped me kill it once and for all.

Disable Win 10 Defender

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, gcode said:

New drivers out 8/24/17

Driver version 10.5.1

I installed them this AM.. no problems to report on my WIN7 machine at work

I'm anxious to see if they fix the issues I'm having with Adobe Reader on my WIN10 machine at home

Downloading now. Hopefully 2017 and 2018 Mastercam will work again. I had to get off the Win10 machine because my 3D mouse quit working.

I have it installed on both a Win7 and a Win10 machine and everything seems to be in order

The buttons on my Space Pilot Pro do not work on my Win 10 machine with Adobe Reader.

They work fine with Adobe Reader in Win7 on my Space Mouse Enterprise.

I think this is a Win10 thing, not a 3D Connexion issue.

I'm going to take my SME home over the long weekend as an experiment.

Mastercam, SolidWorks, Catia hyperMill, Vericut and SpaceClaim all work properly with the new drivers.

I had a tough time installing them on my Win10 machine.... be sure to right click the exe file and choose

"Install as Admin" even if your user account has admin rights

• Like 1