Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Planes ALWAYS=WCS problem? Bug?

cobra95kev

I also posted this on the new mastercam forum.

I have always used this setting under the planes menu in the status bar and now it is causing me problems.

Can you guys try this to see if you get the same results.

I opened up an MCX file not sure which older version it was but it was before there was a version extension on them. I always turn on the planes ALWAYS=WCS setting to make changing between WCS faster.This particular file has some surface rough pocket toolpaths that when regenerated result in no toolpath.

The strange thing is if I turn off the Planes ALWAYS=WCS setting the toolpaths regenerate fine.
I can switch that setting back and forth and every time it is on the toolpaths will not regenerate.
Sure looks like a bug that needs fixing to me.

Thanks,
Kevin C.

I have not seen that one. (Yes that is a answer) :turned:

I did report the ISO becoming a valid plane some time ago which is extremely annoying. I am not sure if it has been addressed if it has already or when it will be addressed if it has not already been done.

Hopefully QC has your file and are looking into your issue and getting it addressed. :police:

HTH

Try this file guys,

I am going to send it to QC.

Regenerate both ops first time do it without the planes always = wcs set  it should generate fine both ops 1 and 2.

then turn on the planes always=wcs and regenerate again. op1 (surface rough pocket) does not generate right but op 2 (horizontal area) does.

Thanks a bunch,

Kevin C.