Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 - Regenerate All Selected Operations - Bug?

djstedman

I have run into an issue and I am not sure if it is a bug or what.. I do know its driving me nuts..

I have a part I programmed in the past in X7 which is very similar to a new part that I now need to do in X8..

Since the parts are so similar I imported my operations from my X7 file and figured on simply reselecting the requisite geometry for each toolpath working my way through them.

This is where I ran into weirdness..

Once I selected the geometry for my first operation I made sure only that operation was selected and hit Regenerate All Selected Operations..

Now I get popups for virtually every toolpath saying there is no geometry for this op for like every operation even though only one op was selected.. \

Held Enter to get through the 100 or so boxes that popped up.. figured I hit regen all by accident so hit the regen selected again.. same deal..

So my question is, is this a bug, or possibly just some weirdness on my end.. has anyone else had this happen when trying to use regen selected ops?

If anyone has run into this before is there any workaround? I can hold enter but I can't even begin to express how annoying this is getting..

I mean I suppose I could simply pull in one path at a time but all that browsing for the proper file to import from gets tedious ..

I have run into this in all the versions. If you hit regen all dirty once, every time after that you will get these warnings. If you save and reopen you file and only hit regen all selected it should stop.

I stopped using this function every time I test it in each major release, because it

always does this.

My new programmer just did this today and Ben's solution is the only fix.

Save close / open fixes about 15 things that go wonky after you use them or MC has been open too long....LOL

I believe it's a bug.  I've had this happen to me several times now.  When I accidentally regen a dirty tool path  that I haven't re-associated geometry to I get this warning. After that first warning, I will get it every time I try to regen a toolpath.  I've found the only way to stop this is to close Mastercam and open it back up. 

I wanted to thank everyone for their input, glad to know there is a workaround, its kind of sad that this has been a known bug for so long but either way at least I can keep moving forward on what I need to work on and perhaps not end up pulling all my hair out..