Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A axis flips 180 degs

i am using Haas VF - TR Series 5 Axis Trunnion Mill and in simulation the tool plane front always flips 180 degs in the A axis when simulating but the posted program does not have that move in it am using post Generic HAAS VF-TR_series 5X Mill. Ok i face mill B0 A90 then B90 then B180 is front view and in sim this is where it flips to A-90 i guess it would be (move not in posted program) then back to A90 to run B270. simply trying to make a presentation and i cant have this.

Simulation handles things differently. It does not look at the NC it looks at the NCI and then it does what it needs. Might try a different C-plane to see if it will keep the simulation going in the way you want, but Simulation cares nothing about the post and where if it was based of reality and not making a pretty picture it would help in this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lands,

I have experienced the exact same problem and I found a workaround for it. I had a part with 8 ops, op1 was in the top plane and ops 2 thru 8 used different planes. When I simulated starting with OP1 (TOP) all was good. But, If I simulated op2 only, the A-axis would show up facing the back of the machine but would post correctly. So i noticed if i'd simulate something in the top plane first, any plane change after that would be correct.

Hth.