Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Generic 5 axis posts for Acramatic 950 not cutting it.

Here is what I use and have recommended to all of our Customers. It does an awesome job for helping anyone looking for HST processes.

http://hsmadvisor.com/

4000 rpms running for 168 hours in a week is a whole better than 12000 rpms running 40 hours a week. Get creative and use you can cut with a .031 endmill at 4000 rpms how we did it 30 years on bridge ports. We got the job down when we had to use tools that small. Would I rather have 50k on a tool that size sure who wouldn't but sometimes you use what you got.

You are looking at in a logical way so the next question is do you roll the dice and try it or play it safe and keep wondering?

I wish you the best in your process and you have my email if we would like to bounce ideas off of me please feel free to email me and I will be glad to have someone take a look and see if you are in the ballpark or what we think is a good approach.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bunches, It would be much easier to modify an already exsisting 5 axis post then to attempt to create all the 5 axis logic into a 3 axis post. I would suggest that if you don't know what you need for code then a good starting point would aquiring that 3 axis post that Foghorn offered up and try it on some 3 axis toolpaths. When you get it all working well on the 3 axis toolpaths you can then take that knowledge and apply it into the generic 5 axis post, As colin had suggested. The generic 5 axis post is a work of art but will require some understanding of which I would recommend Taking Colins 5 Axis post class (Eapprentice.net) which covers that post and all of its switches, settings and options, I like you had quite a bit of 3 and 4 axis post editing experience but would not have had a chance of creating a siemens post for our DMU50 without the knowledge I gained from this class.