Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Edit V7 Problem... What the?

Mick

Ok, I just updated to Cimco Edit 7. (Latest version). Now the menu text is all garbled.

So, I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled... Same problem. So I uninstalled, cleaned the registry, rebooted, and reinstalled an earlier V7 that worked. The menu text is still garbled.... Has anyone encountered this? And if so, how did you fix it?

See the attached image :)

post-961-0-85140200-1418949326_thumb.jpg

You may also be dealing with a corrupt install.

V7 now uses some new binary XML files for localization (I do the Portuguese version) and I've seen installs get corrupted because of some issue while installing these files.

Make sure you found the cfg files and get rid of them. If that doesn't help, you may want to delete cimco folder and reinstall.

I deleted the Cimco folder, cleaned out the registry and reinstalled, and it didn't help.

However, I managed to fix it thanks to you and Colin. It was indeed some kind of language setting.I managed to navigate to the language dropdown, and it was set to the first language in the list which I have no idea what it is.

I chose US English, restarted it, and it is working :)

Weird though. I have never had that happen before...

Thanks for your help!

Mick for starter if you are running windows 7 , install as admin. right click on the instal and say run as Admin for new install.

Now lets fix the issue you are having lets lock to just the US English configuration.

I want you to go to the Cimco/CimcoEdit7/MSG this were all the languages are.

I want you to remove all the files except what I left in the picture. and restart.

post-1097-0-61676800-1419028438_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I contacted Cimco and they gave me some help.

1) I tried learning Arabic, but I didn't like wearing the headgear.

2) Cimco gave me the instructions that you provided above Jay, so thanks, that worked.

3) It is a known problem, but the cause isn't currently known.

Anyway, everything seems to be back to normal.

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

Sorry to jump in here, but I have the same problem with Cimco Edit V7 (7.55.06)

I only installed the software last week and had the same issue as Mick, following Jays help it is all fixed except for the 'File Type' dropdown, have I missed something?

Thanks.

Steve

post-61979-0-56543200-1433231902_thumb.jpg