Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Slowly getting my first post edited, g82 dwell help

I am using a mpmaster x6 mill post. I am trying to make the p value for G82 go (from .01 to 100). All the other posts at my work look like this

fmt  "P" 18 dwell$       #Dwell

fs2 18  0 4 0 4t    #

I have tried changing the mpmaster post to this and it seems it is not responding to the fmt line. No matter what value I change it to, the P value remains

unchanged. Logically .01=P100 does not make sense (.1 should be p100), but this is how 20 years of programs have been done, so I need to have my new post reflect it. Any info would be great, thanks

Well formatting is not going to fix the problem here. If you are planning on using a value that is less that the output you must do a multiplier to make the value come out correct. Changing the format only take what you have which is less than 1 and convert it to Zero which will make it seem nothing is happening. Easiest way is to put in the value you are looking for into the operation and be done with it, but I suspect you want to put in this value since it works for others machines and not this one. If this is the case then you will want to take the varaible and multiply it by a value to get the output you are looking for. In this case dwell$ * 1000 should help you achieve that.

HTH

I kept trying to use the multiplier. Was not effecting it. Which made me start rechecking everything. I was pulling the post from the server while modifying the one on my c drive. I don't know how it was switched, but its happened to me before. (fs2 18  0 4 0 4t    #) This would make be believe that its shifting the decimal point, not actually multiplying. It worked the other way too, after I selected the correct post. Thanks for the suggestion