Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone heard of Mastercut Endmills?

We use them. Right now we only use one type of endmill from them-- a 5/8" 5-flute with a .06" chamfer. This is our default roughing tool for steels and we use a lot of them. Originally we used Helical but they stopped being readily available (and aren't cheap) so we had Mastercut send us a test tool. The results were pretty much the same as the Helical tool, and after several tests we decided to switch to Mastercut as our supplier for that tool.

So, performance is as good as Helical but with a much better price point.

We're currently testing out their aluminum style mills but don't have enough data to make a solid decision just yet.

We use them. Right now we only use one type of endmill from them-- a 5/8" 5-flute with a .06" chamfer. This is our default roughing tool for steels and we use a lot of them. Originally we used Helical but they stopped being readily available (and aren't cheap) so we had Mastercut send us a test tool. The results were pretty much the same as the Helical tool, and after several tests we decided to switch to Mastercut as our supplier for that tool.

So, performance is as good as Helical but with a much better price point.

We're currently testing out their aluminum style mills but don't have enough data to make a solid decision just yet.

Thank you for your response Cathedral,  Do you mind me asking where you purchase Mastercut.  Do you go directly on there website?  I heard good things about this brand a while back and wanted to try them out but haven't been able to find a distributor online.

Thank you for your response Cathedral,  Do you mind me asking where you purchase Mastercut.  Do you go directly on there website?  I heard good things about this brand a while back and wanted to try them out but haven't been able to find a distributor online.

There's a vendor that comes in every once in a while that we order through. I can't remember the name of the distributor, though. If you're in northwest Ohio I could dig up the name, but I don't think it will do you any good if you're somewhere else.

Jason they are on their website and they are being sold under Mastercut brand name. Log in to Cataleap.

Quote from their website;

"Pioneer Tool has recently launched a new FREE service that it believes will provide savings to all.  Cataleap is an online library containing product catalogs from the suppliers whom Pioneer represents.  Through this revolutionary service that is as easy to use as other online libraries for music and movies, customers can save valuable time when they have a need to use a product catalog from a manufacturer.  It is our hope that our suppliers will see savings when it comes to the amount of catalogs that it has to print and distribute.  Lastly, we hope that our promotion of a very user-friendly, digital catalog solution will do a small part in saving our environment.  We invite you to sign up for your free account at http://pioneer.cataleap.net and share your experiences with us."

• 1 year later...

What kind of material are you cutting with these endmills?

We machine a ton of 65-45-12 Ductile Iron Castings and use Mastercuts GP 4 flutes.  We machine them dry with just air blast.  Once in while we will machine some steel castings but usually low quantity and they seem to hold up as well.  We buy them from a local place tigertoolsupply.com