Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rotary going the wrong way

cherokeechief79

im using the generic fanuc 4xmill post in ver x6.the rotary is on a hass mill on the right side of the table and the chuck is facing the left side of the table with my part in it.if I zero out the "a" axis and the crank the handwheel in the pos direction the chuck spins towards the back of the machine(counterclockwise if staring from the left directly at it)does this sound right?

im making a part with text around the circumference and it is showing correctly in mx6 but the a axis code is backwards (a+ should be a-)

if I switch the rotary direction on the rotary axis tab to ccw the code is good but the text is backwards ant the tool simulates coming up from the bottom instead of the top of the part.

does this sound like something I should change on the has parameters or something possibly in the post?

it simulates fine in mc but just spins the opposite direction in the machine.

isn't there a direction that is pos and neg on the rotary itself?

no matter where I mount the rotary ,if I am looking directly at the face of the chuck from the front,which direction is positive? cloclwise or counterclockwise?

If you're looking at the face of the chuck, POS would be Clockwise. From your earlier description, you're going backward. I would suggest getting it straightened out, as down the road it's an accident waiting to happen.  I once worked at a place where we had several Richmill (talk about garbage) rotaries, and they were all wired differently. What a nightmare, and for no good reason.

First, determine whether the machine parameters are backward, or if the rotary has been wired backward.

it simulates fine in mc but just spins the opposite direction in the machine.

isn't there a direction that is pos and neg on the rotary itself?

no matter where I mount the rotary ,if I am looking directly at the face of the chuck from the front,which direction is positive? cloclwise or counterclockwise?

Under parameter 43 in the HAAS controller is where you change the direction of the A axis.  "REV ENCODER", and "REV POWER".  If they are set to 0 then set them to 1 and visa versa.  This should give you the rotation you need.  HTH

ok ill look into that. its under the parameters and no settings correct?

I just would like to confirm that no matter where the 4th axis is located A positive would be a clockwise rotation .correct?

Yes.  It is 43 in the parameters and not the settings. And I always look at positive rotation as counter clockwise or turning the top of the part toward the back of the machine and rotating toward the positive side of the part. This is with the A axis sitting on the right side of the table and facing the left side.  I guess it all depends also on which way your part is orientated to the A axis as well though.