Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Desktop HSM feeds and speeds

Müřlıń®

you can also try Gwizard,  30 day trial

There are alot of people suggesting HSMadvisor so it must be a good one...guess I am going to have to smack Norton around a bit and force it to let me use it...

I just never had that happen before....ever....all of the sudden red everwhere and It forced a reboot...

maybe you were conned into downloading from a spoofed website... and Norton is just going it's job?

its possible....It looked real.It all happened so fast I didn't know what hit me...

Norton said the downloaded install program was safe...

I was right in the middle of running verify on a large file too..

There are alot of people suggesting HSMadvisor so it must be a good one...guess I am going to have to smack Norton around a bit and force it to let me use it...

I just never had that happen before....ever....all of the sudden red everwhere and It forced a reboot...

Hi, developer here, i always run my final .exe file though virustotal.com

It checks against about 50 different AV softweare tools. And sometimes one of them redflags it.

Nothing i can do about it.

Then after i do more work on it, that AV does not complain anymore.

Its a constant struggle for me and many other developers. Sometimes AV software just thinks it sees something it doesnt like....

edit: just re-checked it. The latest update is all green and is not red flagged anywhere.

post-44227-0-51158500-1424315587_thumb.png

• Like 1

We have 4 licenses of gwizard, very good tool

especially for the monkeys that havent got a clue

We also have Gwizard. (You do know one license lets you run it on three computers, right?)

I use it for speeds and feeds and references, but a lot of the other stuff they guy is trying to add seems a little hokey. Almost makes me wish they offered a GWizard "Lite"

• Like 1

We also have Gwizard. (You do know one license lets you run it on three computers, right?)

I use it for speeds and feeds and references, but a lot of the other stuff they guy is trying to add seems a little hokey. Almost makes me wish they offered a GWizard "Lite"

I just know we got it on 4 PCs, ill LOL if they bought 4 and we can use it on 12 hahahahaha

PEACE :D

Hi, developer here, i always run my final .exe file though virustotal.com

It checks against about 50 different AV softweare tools. And sometimes one of them redflags it.

Nothing i can do about it.

Then after i do more work on it, that AV does not complain anymore.

Its a constant struggle for me and many other developers. Sometimes AV software just thinks it sees something it doesnt like....

edit: just re-checked it. The latest update is all green and is not red flagged anywhere.

Thanks....HSMAdvisor is the only program that I have to set in Norton's Sonar exclude list....

For a program that does not require admin privileges to run, I find this odd.

Thanks....HSMAdvisor is the only program that I have to set in Norton's Sonar exclude list....

For a program that does not require admin privileges to run, I find this odd.

The reason could be that i refuse to buy a digital certificate from certificate providers.

It costs money every year and is just a scam, in my opinion, to take money for nothing.

As a result windows complains that my program is "unsigned" and some AV take it more serioisly and outright block it.

I have not received enough complaints from my customers to do anything about it.

As number of downloads continues to go up i will likely purchase a certificate in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

The reason could be that i refuse to buy a digital certificate from certificate providers.

It costs money every year and is just a scam, in my opinion, to take money for nothing.

As a result windows complains that my program is "unsigned" and some AV take it more serioisly and outright block it.

I have not received enough complaints from my customers to do anything about it.

As number of downloads continues to go up i will likely purchase a certificate in the future.

I agree 1000% I looked into those and you are correct noting but a scam.

Well I got it to work with Norton and this tool is awesome...just what the doctor ordered....good job...I will definitely be getting a license for this one...

I was scratching my head for a little while...I added the exe file to the ignore on Norton and it still wouldn't work...but finally I figured it out...

I just copied and pasted the entire path to where the installer was setting it up and presto....worked like a charm...I think I had to also choose folder instead of file.

I think Norton wasn't liking the script you have defaulted on that automatically goes out and searches for updates when you first fire up the program. 

We use a Sandvik calculator that does chip thinning for ballnose (including scallop height), facemills and endmills. Simple and easy to use.

I don't understand the fswizard and hsm advisor though. Why can't I just type in my values and hit calculate? That software drives me nuts.

Mapal used to have really awesome online calculators for chip thinning inside and outside profiles, MRR, ho and torque etc. They seem to be gone though. Those ones were the best, I wish I could have a desktop version of that one. Or an updated version of my Sandvik one that did MRR and chip thinning for inside or outside profiles.

We use a Sandvik calculator that does chip thinning for ballnose (including scallop height), facemills and endmills. Simple and easy to use.

I don't understand the fswizard and hsm advisor though. Why can't I just type in my values and hit calculate? That software drives me nuts.

Mapal used to have really awesome online calculators for chip thinning inside and outside profiles, MRR, ho and torque etc. They seem to be gone though. Those ones were the best, I wish I could have a desktop version of that one. Or an updated version of my Sandvik one that did MRR and chip thinning for inside or outside profiles.

Calculating HSM parameters only makes sense if you know manufacturer-recommended parameters.

And then it is basically nothing to calculate. Just pick 10% engagement and multiply chipload and speed by 2

The advantage of calculator like mine is that it will suggest both starting parameters AND apply compensation factors at the same time.

Also it compensates for the length of a tool and it is indispensible for me when machining with extra-long tools. I often machine with 10x - 15x long tools and i need to estimate what kind of deflection (and thus chatter) i will be getting on the actual part.

Maybe it is not as useful in large productin runs when you expect to adjust cutting parameters on the machine and then go back and modify your program for better efficiency, but for prototyping creating bulletproof programs is more important than makimg them super-efficient at runtime.

Using manufacturers parameters?

Not interested... :guitar:

I see what you are doing though, that is kind of what I figured. I didn't think many people looking for chip thinning information would be wanting that though.

If you dont care about manufacturer numbers and go by experience or seat of your pants, then why do you even need to calculate chip thinning at all?

Not trying to to pick, just trying to understand what people need in real life.

If you dont care about manufacturer numbers and go by experience or seat of your pants, then why do you even need to calculate chip thinning at all?

Not trying to to pick, just trying to understand what people need in real life.

Same reason I don't calculate feed rate in my head, it takes too long and I'm more likely to make a mistake then pulling out a calculator and punching in my sfm and chipload. Same with MRR or scallop height. And for things like calculating engagement angle for a .5" cutter inside a 2" hole, I can't even calculate that in my head, I'd have to look that stuff up.