Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cam X?

oneyankfan1

My boss used to program with a software called Cam X. (I think thats how it is spelled) We now have some old files that are .cmx files created by that software. The problem is we dont have that software any more because he now uses Catia. Is there any way to get those files open with out that software? I need the fixture out of that old stuff, so I can bring it into mastercam and reprogram it. Thanks in advance.

If I was a betting man, I'd say you are referring to Camax (by SDRC). It's pronounced like Cam X. A company that I worked for in the 90 used it. Not sure if that helps any, but ...

I sent an email to a programmer that I still keep in touch with from that shop. Maybe he'll have some input.

After being bought and sold a number of times over the years, it looks like Siemens is now the owner of what would be CAMAX today. If there's any chance of you being able to open the files, I'm guessing that Unigraphics (Siemens) would be your best bet. I gotta go with JP on this one though.