Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Locking the WCS to Top

Müřlıń®

I suppose I don't really understand the question/.....

I do a fair bit of rotary and 5 axis programming, when I set my WCS to top, I switch between planes and never lose my WCS Top

Do you have these unchecked?

2015-02-24_13-57-50_zpsc9348029.png

Or am I missing something else here?

I suppose I don't really understand the question/.....

I do a fair bit of rotary and 5 axis programming, when I set my WCS to top, I switch between planes and never lose my WCS Top

Do you have these unchecked?

2015-02-24_13-57-50_zpsc9348029.png

Or am I missing something else here?

Nope it is checked...

Here is what I am experiencing....4th axis work....you create several ops in top/top/top....you also use them on the bot side of the part so you create a custom plane from the top  plane rotated 180.

Selecting all the ops and coping them, then edit the op to use the other plane.  The op will always read custom plane WCS....I want it to say TOP/X/X...that way the control will index properly.

The way it is now, I have to manually reslelect TOP wcs on every op....if I forget one......oops scrapped part..

Should I uncheck that to get the results I want?

Sometimes it almost seems like it changes by itself sometimes, even when I select TOP/X/X  it will change back to X/X/X...I haven't had enough experience to figure out exactly what is going on yet.

I think I was wrong about copying ops....that was a bad example.

Where it is happening is when I am creating a new toolpath from the custom plane.

When I create a new toolpath I will be in that plane so I can analyze positions for my depth limits.

That is when the WCS will = the custom plane....what I want is when I create the new op, for the WCS to be in the top and the toolplane to = the custom plane.

So how do I get that to happen when creating new ops from custom planes?

You want them unchecked.

ok let me try that...

Nope..

Creating a new toolpath still shows wcs in the custom plane....

I gotta be doing something wrong..WCS is kinda tricky to get figured out...

post-5941-0-51939800-1425480634_thumb.jpg

just to clarify  what I am trying achieve is when I create a toolpath from a custom plane, I want the WCS to say TOP and the Tplane to = custom plane when op is created.

I don't want to have to go back and manually edit.... that leads to mistakes.

So how do I do that?

He want his plane manager to start like this:

plane%20manager.jpg

And have his toolpath look like this rather than WCS being the same as T/C planes:

op%20manager.jpg

PEACE :D

ummmm...isn't that the way it should have been from day one of WCS inception?

I guess they should update all the way back to V9 SP2 then   :p

rour...

No I am saying that 10 years of manually editing something is a tad excessive.....I am sure there must have been a million gripes about this...I have been programming 4th axis for what....a month...and it is already a PIMA... 

Since I am inexperienced...I keep thinking I am doing something wrong...when I am not...

can't wait to get caught up on maintenance and get X9..

Looks like there have been major changes that are essential...

Now this might be a bit simplistic for what you're doing Murlin

But I have my WCS set to Top/Top, I created 2 OPs, I created a new Planes at 180°.  I copy the 2 OPs, I open Edit Common Parameters, my Top stays set and my 180° boxes are already filled in....

If I understood you correct, that was what you said you were doing...no?

He want his plane manager to start like this:

And have his toolpath look like this rather than WCS being the same as T/C planes:

PEACE :D

This is correct. Your WCS shouldn't change (in most cases) from op to op. The tool plane should. And the machine will index to the difference between them.

Ps. Been the same in x5, x6, x7, x8 and x9. Before x5 I don't know but would guess so.

Also why not use transformation op?