Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

fanuc tool length parameters

I just got in a new machine that has a Fanuc Oi controller.  When you go to set a tool, it grabs the relative value instead of the machine coordinate value.  Does anyone know which parameter needs to be changed so that I can set tools the old fashion way?  Any help would be great.

Bill

I am not sure your meaning.  A typical tool length offset for me would be -12.3456.  My normal is to set the tools to the Z0 of the part so that my Z fixture offset is Zero.

You use negative too length offsets (personally, my least favorite BTW, I can't tell how long the tool is by that number which is really what I want in a tool offset, but I digress).

The reason I ask is because there's a few parameters related to how relative position interacts with the other positions.