Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 icons changed

AlexC

Going to Mastercam x8 the icons have changed. After years of looking at the same icons I am having trouble understanding the new ones.is there a way to change icons back to the original. I don’t understand why they changed them in the first place.

AlexC

Man I really wish someone would pin a topic to the Forum in 72 pt font.

The icons have changed and we either deal with it and get our job done, we stay put with whatever version we have been using or we don't and move on to something else.

This is where it is and anyone that wants to move forward with Mastercam. Sorry we have gone over this so many times in the last year and half.

I will go craw back under my bridge.

BTW Welcome to the forum. :turned: :turned:

Don't worry Alex, you'll get used to them. I've been using nothing but X8 for about 2 weeks and I'm almost back to full speed with them. I agree that some of them are poor choices of images, but you'll still get used to them.

RE: the trim icon...changing the scissors to an exacto knife. ???  I'm not resistant to change, but change just for the sake of changing something makes no sense to me. Maybe in X12 the trim icon will be a Buck knife. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Don't worry Alex, you'll get use do to them. I've been using nothing but X8 for about 2 weeks and I'm almost back to full speed with them. I agree that some of them are poor choices of images, but you'll still get used to them.

RE: the trim icon...changing the scissors to an exacto knife. ???  I'm not resistant to change, but change just for the sake of changing something makes no sense to me. Maybe in X12 the trim icon will be a Buck knife. :rolleyes:

Ever done tree trimming with an M60?

I think and M60 icon for trimming would work just fine  :)

Ever done tree trimming with an M60?

I think and M60 icon for trimming would work just fine  :)

A Ma-Deuce works well also. :yes:

The new generation of kids writing code these days don't know what scissors are. We should probably be happy it's not a graphic of a shiv. :(

A Ma-Deuce works well also. :yes:

The new generation of kids writing code these days don't know what scissors are. We should probably be happy it's not a graphic of a shiv. :(

I read that the icons were changed to help colour blind people.

But what I did find mildly amusing was that a colour blind person complained that they weren't as clear as the old ones...

Don't worry Alex, you'll get used to them. I've been using nothing but X8 for about 2 weeks and I'm almost back to full speed with them. I agree that some of them are poor choices of images, but you'll still get used to them.

RE: the trim icon...changing the scissors to an exacto knife. ??? I'm not resistant to change, but change just for the sake of changing something makes no sense to me. Maybe in X12 the trim icon will be a Buck knife. :rolleyes:

I hope not a buck knife... I could lose a $60 buck knife in a sealed empty windowless Doorless room.

I started with x8 so everything looks right to me. :D

I read that the icons were changed to help colour blind people.

But what I did find mildly amusing was that a colour blind person complained that they weren't as clear as the old ones...

They are FOS if they said they made the icons the way they are to appease us colorblind people. :yes: What they did do was made the software painful to look at. :yes:

Now perhaps they gave us .WORKSPACE to appease us, in which case they did a marvelous job at giving us varying degrees of contrast and highlighting for which I am grateful.

For the different looks go here;

http://forum.mastercam.com/Topic1544.aspx

Thanks for all your reply's. its nice to see all the good humor here. I tried to get into the above link into the Mastercam forum but I must have a premium membership thru my reseller. that counts me out if it costs anything my employer won't got for that. :laughing:

lets hope X9 will address some of these issues. :fun:     

Thanks for all your reply's. its nice to see all the good humor here. I tried to get into the above link into the Mastercam forum but I must have a premium membership thru my reseller. that counts me out if it costs anything my employer won't got for that. :laughing:

lets hope X9 will address some of these issues. :fun:

There is no cost involved to register on the Mcam website. You register with your hasp # and create log in & password, then you'll have access to the forum as wel as the software downloads.

As far as the incons are concerned X9 looks like X8,..

I tried to get into the above link into the Mastercam forum but I must have a premium membership thru my reseller. that counts me out if it costs anything my employer won't got for that. :laughing:

It won't work anyway. The link in garf's reply tells you how you can change the color scheme, not the icons.

they did a marvelous job at giving us varying degrees of contrast and highlighting for which I am grateful.

xxxx fvcking poor job if you ask me. Having to go into a file editor to change a color scheme? Why couldn't they integrate this into settings/configuration?

At least the ability to change is there...albeit with little control.

BTW...thanks for taking the time to post screenshots of what the different settings are/look like.