Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL MATERIAL TYPE CALL OUT TO POST

Hello everyone,

I think I asked this question before (not sure), I tried to call out TOOL MATERIAL.  TOOL MATERIAL which listed CARBIDE, HSS, TICOATED, USER DEFINE 1, USER DEFINE 2.

I would like to call out this TOOL MATERIAL whenever a user chooses CARBIDE, HSS, TICOATED OR USER DEFINE.

I think I have to call out the PARAMETER NUMBER and I couldn't find it although I tried to look on the PDF parameter from my DEALER provided.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Do you know how to parse a parameter?

if prmcode$ = 20004,  tool_material = rparsngl(sparameter$, 3)

The 3 at the end of the (sparameter$, 3) is telling it to parse out bit 3 in parameter 20004

Do you know how to parse a parameter?

if prmcode$ = 20004,  tool_material = rparsngl(sparameter$, 3)

The 3 at the end of the (sparameter$, 3) is telling it to parse out bit 3 in parameter 20004

Hi JParis,

I didn't know how to parse a parameter and now I do after you just pointed out.

Thanks a bunch JParis.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi JParis,

I did as you directed and I think I didn't do it right, would you please point it out of which I did wrong?  Thank you for your help.

I got the error message as, "11 Apr 2015 12:47:22 PM - PST LINE (2489) - The left side of the formula must be a real variable"

At....

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Misc strings
stool_material: ""      #20004 - Tool Material

Then....
pparameter$ # Run parameter table
           if prmcode$ = 20004, stool_material = rparsngl(sparameter$, 3)

Then... at...
ptlchg_com      #Tool change common blocks
      spaces$ = 0, pbld, *ToolSequenceNumber, scomm_str, *tldia_meta, ", ", ptoolcomm, stool_material, ", ", *flute_meta, "LOC, ", *n_flutes1, "Flt", ", ", *oa_meta, "LAH", scomm_end, spaces$=sav_spc, e$

Hi JParis,

I did as you directed and I think I didn't do it right, would you please point it out of which I did wrong?  Thank you for your help.

I got the error message as, "11 Apr 2015 12:47:22 PM - PST LINE (2489) - The left side of the formula must be a real variable"

At....

# Misc strings
stool_material: ""      #20004 - Tool Material

Then....
pparameter$ # Run parameter table
           if prmcode$ = 20004, stool_material = rparsngl(sparameter$, 3)

Then... at...
ptlchg_com      #Tool change common blocks
      spaces$ = 0, pbld, *ToolSequenceNumber, scomm_str, *tldia_meta, ", ", ptoolcomm, stool_material, ", ", *flute_meta, "LOC, ", *n_flutes1, "Flt", ", ", *oa_meta, "LAH", scomm_end, spaces$=sav_spc, e$

YOu cannot use a string variable as you are trying to do......the parameter that you are pulling is a number value

As the pic points out about, pulling out bit 3, will give you a 0-6 value....... 

When I pull it out I get this

N100 G20
N102 G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90
N104 T1 M6
tool_material 2.   <-------
N106 G0 G90 G54 X-.1545 Y1.4476 S6500 M3
N108 G43 H1 Z2.
N110 Z.05 

You are then going to have to build a string select table to run the number and set it to a string value that will output the material name

if prmcode$ = 20004, tool_material = rparsngl(sparameter$, 3)

tool_material     :  0    #Tool material

tool_material, e$

If you don't know how to build a string select table, maybe someone else will be kind enough to take the time.....but ALL of the info that you need is in the post bundle, you might have to actually read it