Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Colors of entities wont change

StoneyNH

Is your geometry Red?

If so, bottom right corner of the screen, Groups and delete groups

and/or in your config

Colors >> make sure it's set for "use entities colors"

Well heres what happens when I use Screen clear colors.My geometry turns kinda white or yellow.I can go in & change the entities I want to whichever color I want.Then I save it.But when I go back to reset my origin using the intersection icon everything goes back to the original purple it started out as.So the colors don't stay.I reset the origin so it goes back to purple so I can pick things.

I "think" part of what's happening is you're changing your config while you have a file open and active.....

When you have a file open and change your config, ALL of you current settings get saved into the config.....

If you need to make a config change do this

Machine >> Design >> File New......then open your config and set what you want.

Never make a config change while you're in working on an open file.....

Well heres what happens when I use Screen clear colors.My geometry turns kinda white or yellow.I can go in & change the entities I want to whichever color I want.Then I save it.But when I go back to reset my origin using the intersection icon everything goes back to the original purple it started out as.So the colors don't stay.I reset the origin so it goes back to purple so I can pick things.

by what you described above i believe this is the clear colors i mentioned previously. Whenever you perform any xform function (like a move to origin) your geometry by design will turn an xform result color, typically purple. To clear this color you can right click into the gfx and choose clear colors or under the screen dropdown you have a clear colors option. I could be misunderstanding this one but hopefully its this easy ;)