Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FUTURE UPDATES PLEASE

guitar

BUGS

Please change the cutter comp directions in wireframe paths. They are backwards.

For some reason tool data in wireframe paths do not update correctly.

When adding solid features to existing tool paths the popup dialog (to select face, single edge, loop, etc) does not popup unless you start a new  chain.

Mirroring a solid path changes the selected face of solid entities.

Feed and override option only changes the feed when ALL DEPTHS is selected and not for final pass only.

Flowline toolpaths tend to not follow the selected flowline parameters the way they used to.

What happened to retract in Linking parameters? Now it takes this as Clearance height. Not cool.

SUGGESTED UPGRADES

Allow us to move solids on the solid tree please.

Allow us to use new attributes for Dynamic translate.

Allow us to select MULTIPLE viewsheets at once to change item specific features. Ex...I would like to change a color for different sheets at once rather than 1 at a time.

Please upgrade CIRCLE toolpaths. No explanation needed.

Please give us a PRINT function in Verify so we don't need to print screen, blah blah blah.

Please correct the problem with putting radii on face mills in tool data.

Please change Fin step allowances to actual values instead of %

Please allow solid edges to be chained like edge curves (lines/arcs) with selecting tool path chains. It would be nice to be able to eliminate almost all curves/lines/arcs.

Please make solid features independent of each other, so when we have to move or push/pull 1 item, it does not wipe out our entire program.

THANK YOU

I like the many changes in Mastercam X8. Especially, the ability to FINALLY see and change my mouse cursor. A huge help. indeed. 

You might want to check out the whats new videos for X9. A few of those are in there. Others have been requested but for added measure you could always send them into qc @ mastercam . com. The more people requesting it, the more likely they will implement it.

You can use solid edges for chaining.  Just pick solids and partial loop.  Its a little different than standard chaining but it works for simple stuff.

Sorry, but this only works for VERY simple geometry.  Say you have a square solid, you can do exactly as you suggest. If you put a radius or chamfer on top of that, it makes it completely useless since the LOOP only allows the selection of faces and not edges. Thanks anyway.

You might want to check out the whats new videos for X9. A few of those are in there. Others have been requested but for added measure you could always send them into qc @ mastercam . com. The more people requesting it, the more likely they will implement it.

Thanks for the info on that. Do the fellas at MC read these forums?

Sorry, but this only works for VERY simple geometry.  Say you have a square solid, you can do exactly as you suggest. If you put a radius or chamfer on top of that, it makes it completely useless since the LOOP only allows the selection of faces and not edges. Thanks anyway.

Looks like they finally fixed this for X9. It's always been a pain.

It works in X9, and it works pretty damn good. That was one of my biggest frustrations and now I can program a part with almost no wireframe. Since it seems like you missed out on the public beta, X9 is getting released properly sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it. I never mess with beta's. I have enough problems with the "proven" versions.

It works in X9, and it works pretty damn good. That was one of my biggest frustrations and now I can program a part with almost no wireframe. Since it seems like you missed out on the public beta, X9 is getting released properly sometime in the next few we

Thanks for the info on that. Do the fellas at MC read these forums?

Honestly No they don't read this forum much anymore. They have their own to manage. There has been a lot of information posted about what's new in X9, so even if you don't install the Beta version you can still see what's coming.