Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool info display in Toolpath Parameters and Tool Manager

Patriot

Is there a way I can organize how my tools are displayed in mastercam and have it saved?

It seems it will hold the settings every once in a while and i have no idea what I did. Basically, I don't want to see the "Holder Name" or "Assembly Name" and want things sized differently so I can read all the info I desire on the tools.

This is in X7 btw...

• Like 1

Got it. I had dragged the columns to where I wanted and re-sized them. I think I was collapsing those two I didn't want to see.

Will these stay? I see they have been, even through closing mastercam, but want to make sure they don't reset...

make certain your not collapsing the columns, if you do that it will reset to default

you can also drag the columns, it's like working with an excel spread sheet

Question. When I have my tool manager open like this and I go down and check the tools only tab instead of both, all of my tools disappear. What is causing this issue?  The tools are there just not displayed for selection when the tools tab is checked. thanks

Question. When I have my tool manager open like this and I go down and check the tools only tab instead of both, all of my tools disappear. What is causing this issue?  The tools are there just not displayed for selection when the tools tab is checked. thanks

Not certain, I usually leave mine set to show both tool and assemblies

Do you have the filter active?

What are the settings in the filter?

It does it with filtering or without filtering. I thought that was the case too when I upgraded to X8 and started having the issues with the tool manager. I have since drug the columns to the far right of the screen so I don't have to see them but was hoping someone might know what causes it to act the way it does.. thanks.

What could be the problem is if your tools are already linked with a holder. If that's the case, it's now an assembly, so you'll need that checked or both.

yes I think they are linked with a imported holder that mastercam did during the update of X8. Is there anyway to un link the holder so it is not an assembly if this is the case ? thanks in advance