Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Windows 10 and Mastercam

Müřlıń®

I installed Win 10 and X9 on an old Dell laptop.

I like Win 10 and X9 runs fine, though I haven't done any serious work with it.

CNC told me they are testing Win 10 and will support it, but did not say go for it.

I have not upgraded my workstation yet

I  think we have a year from the official release to claim the upgrade,

so I figure there is no rush.

• 1 month later...

I installed windows 10 today. It was a seamless transition. I upgraded from windows 8.1 with Mastercam X9 and Gibbscam 2015 software. I have been trying everything out and so far everything works great. All of my files, icons, settings, and config. files all stayed the same. I would highly recommend upgrading to Windows 10. :cheers:

That's not true.  Also, Win 10 is only free if you own a legit copy of 7 or 8.

There's more conditions than that

The free offer is popping up on all my home systems.. but not the Win7 Pro machines at work

I don't think business machines are getting the free upgrade

edit.. my home workstation is Win 7 Pro and it's had the free offer popup for about a month

Maybe because it's linked to my Microsoft account... and I've already updated one machine in that account

The free offer is popping up on all my home systems.. but not the Win7 Pro machines at work

If your workstations are part of a domain you are not going to get the notification for Win10. If you leave your domain or log on as a local user the notification will be there.

edit.. my home workstation is Win 7 Pro and it's had the free offer popup for about a month

Maybe because it's linked to my Microsoft account... and I've already updated one machine in that account

Yeah, there's different "classes" eligible for the free update.. All home licenses are (even if you have the "pro" version installed but you bought it from an OEM like Dell through their "home" line of PCs), and any (all?) of the OEM-installed OSes in a corporate environment (you bought a Dell at work and it came with Windows installed).

My understanding is the ones that won't be eligible for the free update are the corporate licenses where it was NOT installed on a PC when they bought it, e.g., IT builds all of their own computers and installs it from their site license.

So I have updated a few dell precision laptops yesterday. was playing with one of them last night with X9 and MC4SW what I noticed was better graphics. I also saw improved speed on Verify compared to running it as win7. So far I am liking it easy to upgrade and easy to use. I did play with it on and of for a few months before release to.

Mark, I truthfully go on ebay and get the refurbs from factory with full warranty. I save a lot of money and get a brand new laptop in the dell box.

I do not do the bid I do the straight buy.

When you are a small business you look for every way to get good quality dependable products at a good price at least we approach it that way. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :secret: :secret:

That's not true.  Also, Win 10 is only free if you own a legit copy of 7 or 8.

It was VERY true.

And, ow we can all see why Win10 is "FREE". It isn't free. You pay with your privacy. And, after 1 year, they hold your pc for ransom while they send you the bill.

• Like 1