Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 Importing ops

bigprody

Moved from X7 to X9. We have extensive libraries of ops and in a good portion of our programs we import a lot of ops from our libraries. As best as I can tell our configs from 7 to 9 are set up the same. We now get multiple copies of the same tool in the part tool list. Disable duplicate tool checking is not checked, and in the config file "use existing tools when importing operations" is checked. I import 2 different 10-32 drill and tap ops that use the same tools, I get 2 spots 2 tap drills and 1 tap. Same ops same process that we used in 7 and did not get multiple tools imported. It also does not seem to be consistent where I get only 1 tap. Any thoughts?

Kevin you should use the migration wizard to update the files

Use the advanced option in the utility, that will allow you choose only the files you want to update

I also setup a bogus directory that I copy my custom files to, it matches Mcam's subfolder layout

By using the subfolders option in the migration all the updated files will get sent to the correct folder location as part of the update