Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thread question

JMahon

Jim 10mm Pitch on a 4-5mm diameter? The pitch is 2 times the diameter? I would have to agree that would be almost impossible to even do. I was thinking about the slope of the acme and not even sure how that would even work. I have cut some 4 lead Acme thread recently and they were very aggressive, but not 2 times the diameter of the part I was cutting. Can you have the customer verify exactly what they want.

Part I did was 37mm diameter with a 1mm Pitch on a 4 lead. So they ratio of the Pitch to the diameter on this part was. 37/4 and if it had to be 37/64 not even sure how I could have cut it.

This is all been information thru our engineers.  We are supposed to have a model/print later today...

I even thought about maybe broaching it with a 5 axis curve...?

Thanks for the input guys.  Hopefully ill have more info in a little bit.

Ok so we've had 2 grinders say that its impossible using a threadmill.

So I'm thinking about broaching with a 5 axis toolpath... now its getting tricky lol.

Has anyone done anything like this in mastercam?

I was thinking getting creative with 5 axis curve or swarf should get it done....?  Thoughts?