Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

misc reals not populating

Hello,

I've been working on modifying one of our horizontal posts to work with another horizontal machine we have. Very similar code and has been easy to modify so far. However, the newer machine uses HSM codes (G131 R*) where the older one doesn't. This is an MPPostability post.

The problem is that if I use mr1 to set the HSM type it will not post with what I have set on the parameter page. I have set a line in the hsm1_on field right before where it's supposed to post it, like this:

*"test ", mr1$, pe

to make sure that it is actually taking data and it always outputs:

test 0

no matter what I put in it indicating that mr1 is set to 0 (it is set to 4 in the misc values page). I've tried with several other mr variables with the same results.

Is there a setting elsewhere in the post that nulls mr outputs that I'm not seeing? Anybody run into this before? I've made this work on 2 other posts including another 5 axis MPostability post that's very similar.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Try this ->

"test ", *mr1$, pe

If still "0", is this PST setting mr1$ anywhere?

In which postblock is your "test" output line?

Sorry, yes there is a star in front of it and it is posting the 0. 

The "test" output line is within the hsm1_one block right before the if line for 4. in other words, right before it should be posting with mr1 set to 4 (which it skips because it's set to zero). I have tried several positions throughout the post to see if it's being overwritten somewhere with no different results. A search for mr1 in the post does not reveal anywhere obvious that it is being set differently. 

The post is binned, but typically our post developer hasn't hidden anything that benign in the past.

On the Misc. Values page of the operation parameters...
I assume that the 'Automatically set to post values when posting' option is not checked.
I would check the NCI data see see what's in there.
When you post your operation, select the create and edit the NCI file.
Search for the line that contains only "1011".
The line below is your (10) Misc. Real values.
Is there really a value other then "0" for the MR1 ?

On the Misc. Values page of the operation parameters...

I assume that the 'Automatically set to post values when posting' option is not checked.

I would check the NCI data see see what's in there.

When you post your operation, select the create and edit the NCI file.

Search for the line that contains only "1011".

The line below is your (10) Misc. Real values.

Is there really a value other then "0" for the MR1 ?

The "Automatically set to post values" is set to 4 by default, but for my testing purposes, no, it is not checked.

Didn't think to check the NCI. It is outputting a 4 like it is supposed to (like I set it).

You bought this post from Postability. You'll likely need to contact Dave for help with this issue, since it appears something is changing the misc values, prior to you outputting them. Since this "new" post started life as a Postability post, I'm surprised you didn't go to the source for help on this issue. Misc Values aren't rocket science. They are output at the start of each operation on the 1011 and 1012 lines.

Try adding "pmiscint$" and "pmiscreal$" post blocks to your post (try searching for them first!). If you don't find them in the PST section, and you get an error message when you post process, then Dave has likely got them added inside the PSB portion of the post.

Inside the 'pmiscint$' and 'pmiscreal$' post blocks, add some code to force the output of each mi/mr value:

pmiscreal$ #Misc Real numbers (called on NCI 1011)

"DEBUG - PMISCREAL", e$
      ~mr1$, e$
      ~mr2$, e$
      ~mr3$, e$
      ~mr4$, e$
      ~mr5$, e$
      ~mr6$, e$
      ~mr7$, e$
      ~mr8$, e$
      ~mr9$, e$
      ~mr10$, e$

pmiscint$ #Misc Integer numbers (called on NCI 1012)

"DEBUG - PMISCREAL", e$
      ~mi1$, e$
      ~mi2$, e$
      ~mi3$, e$
      ~mi4$, e$
      ~mi5$, e$
      ~mi6$, e$
      ~mi7$, e$
      ~mi8$, e$
      ~mi9$, e$
      ~mi10$, e$

Otherwise there really isn't much we have to go on here to help you. Especially since this post started life as a post you purchased from someone else. You asked if there was somewhere that the misc values get "nulled" out. The answer is no, unless your post writer added something to do that inside their post, but standard MP posts don't override these values.

Note that the 'pmiscint$' and 'pmiscreal$ post blocks are strictly optional. You do not have to have them in your post processor to make use of the misc values. MP will set the pre-defined mi/mr variable values at the start of each operation, and those values can be used in your logic inside the tool change post blocks just by using the pre-defined variable name.

If the 'pmiscint$' and/or 'pmiscreal$' post blocks give you an error when you add them, then just try adding the debugging code at the start of 'psof$', 'ptlchg$', and 'ptlchg0$' post blocks. You can also try adding the debugging code to the 'pretract' post block (if it is in your post), just to see if the values are the same at retract, or if the values have already been set to the "next" operation values by the time 'pretract' is called...

Hope that helps,

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

I sent the post in and it turns out there was something in the PSB file that was blocking the mi and mr variables from moving into the postblocks. I'm not sure of the details, but those with Postability posts may see something like this.

Greg