Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sldprt files to mastercam

Djwilson

File Open >> scroll down the Solidworks(.sldprt, sldasm)

If you have an older version of MCAM that will not open a newer version of SW's file......

You'll  need to export from Solidworks as either an older version parasolid or a stp file.

There are other options, you'll likely find those 2 the best options

NOTE: If you have an sldasm(assembly) file you WILL need all or the at least the important parts as well for it to open. A Solidworks assembly file is just a reference to the sldprt files

Del, Why open then create surfaces? when in 90% of the time you can just cut right there from the solid. Wondering why you still work this way?

I have to have solids to do that don't I ? I do work straight from the solid with Esprit.  X7 is only mastercam I have with no maintenance.I only used the surfaces to get a wireframe.

You can program on solids regardless of whether you have the solids add-on or not. The solid add-on gives you the ability to create or manipulate solid entities, but you can still select faces, edges or the whole model without it. Either way, as FTI points out, there is no more solids add-on, starting with X9, it's rolled into the product, so anyone on maintenance has it.