Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post code for aggregate (4th axis in the spindel)

Hi,

I made a new post for a CNC with 8 spindels with a revolver tool change type.

1 spindel on the revolver has a aggregate included with the spindel and has a 360 degres rotation.

So with this type of spindel  can use saw and v-groover and cut with any angle.

The thing is I cannot figure what I need to do in my post code and other thing to do if needed.

Can someone help me on this one please.

Thank you

For a programmable Aggregate Head in the Spindle, you really need to start by taking a 4X "Router" post processor, and converting it to run in "Mill". You can get a document from your Reseller that explains how to do this.

That is because the logic for offsetting the XYZ positions, and rotating the tool around the "C-Axis" of the machine spindle is only supported by default inside a Router Post.

Once you've got the post converted, you use the "Machine Definition Manager" to add an "Aggregate" component to the Machine Definition. You would define a "Right Angle" head type, and set the option to "Rotary", to indicate that the position is programmable.

Under the Aggregate Definition, you add "stations", which indicate what rotary value the C-Axis positions too.

After defining the Aggregate Head component, and defining the stations, you begin programming like you normally would.

So for example, you might have a slot to cut with a wheel cutter, at 30 degrees to the X axis. You would define your "station" with that rotation. Start a "Contour" toolpath, then chain your geometry.

In the Operation dialog box, on the "Tool" page, Right-Click in the white list area, and pick "Get angled head". That lets you select the tool station, and tool being used, and will trigger the post to output the correct C-Axis rotation. It will also shift the XYZ coordinate output from the tool tip (where you see the tool positioned in Mastercam, back to the spindle centerline (the XY driven point at the machine).

If it sounds a little complicated, that's because it is. I'd recommend contacting your Reseller for further help with this one...